Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next ride ideas?

+5
CaptJohn
Smrf
Bonnie
JeffR
scottj1119
9 posters

Go down

Next ride ideas? Empty Next ride ideas?

Post by scottj1119 Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:42 pm

So, with the weather getting a little colder we don't have much good riding time left. How about some ideas for the next ride? Where? When?
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Next ride ideas? Empty Re: Next ride ideas?

Post by JeffR Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:11 pm

Scott,

Since the last 2 rides were out your way we might want to think about the North Bay or South Bay. I'm not sure when we had a ride in the South Bay. I know of some good rides in the South Bay/East Bay and maybe others can suggest something. Maybe ride down to Kevin's neck of the woods too.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonnie Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:53 pm

How about a ride to Apple Hill? We could take 4, 88, and 49 up there. It would accomplish a ride up North and it is apple season. There are lots of places to stop, shop, and/or eat. Idea
Bonnie
Bonnie

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:57 pm

Bonnie,

That would be the third ride in a row in this location. What do others think about this? When I mentioned North I was thinking Napa or over where David lives. What do others think? Also, we will need to make this knowing that Thanksgiving is towards the end of the month.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smrf Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:59 am

I'm game for a ride and would love to see it in the south bay though I have no suggestions of where since I'm new.
Smrf
Smrf

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:35 pm

So, it is Oct 28th and November is coming up fast. Where would we like to ride? Bonnie suggested a route which looks like a great ride but I just don't want to make others in the South Bay or across the Bay seem we always ride out in the Modesto or Sac area. If we do the ride Bonnie suggested that would make 3 rides out that way. So please chime in for other rides and if no one responds we should then do Bonnie's ride. Would others like to ride down to the Corbin factory in Hollister? I did that ride once going down the scenic way and it was a great ride. It will also be cooler so we don't have to put up with any heat. Maybe Kevin can meet us up that way too?
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptJohn Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:18 pm

If the weather holds, we could take a ride up the Silverado Trail to Calistoga for lunch or perhaps a ride down to Capitola for the day would be enjoyable. With the rapid onset of Winter, around the corner, our rides will start to be a little "catch as catch can"!
CaptJohn
CaptJohn

Number of posts : 104

http://www.firstgiving.com/CaptJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Smrf Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:51 pm

Ooh, Capitola sounds nice to me.

CaptJohn wrote:If the weather holds, we could take a ride up the Silverado Trail to Calistoga for lunch or perhaps a ride down to Capitola for the day would be enjoyable. With the rapid onset of Winter, around the corner, our rides will start to be a little "catch as catch can"!
Smrf
Smrf

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonnie Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:12 am

Jeff, I mentioned Apple Hill since you asked for suggestions. It really doesn't make any difference to me where the ride is in November. John's suggestion seems like it would be close for the people in Marin and I don't think we have made that ride as a group. This time of year it should be colorful.
Bonnie
Bonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by scottj1119 Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:03 pm

Silverado Trail sounds fun to me. I"ve never done that.
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScooterRob Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:55 am

I rode the Silverado Trail yesterday. It is a beautiful ride with hundreds of side trips, roads, tourist things, wineries etc.

Robert

ScooterRob

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:07 am

This ride sounds nice. I will put out a poll to see who would like to ride this.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Next ride ideas? Empty ride suggestions

Post by oldfart@36 Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:42 pm

Hi all,

I just got two suggestions from a coworker.

1-Glass beach in Ft. Bragg which needs to be visited at low tide to see all the glass.
2-Fairfax-bolinas rd. which is very twisty almost the entire length. I was advised that this is a Sat. only type ride as on Sunday it is crowded with sport bikes.

I would be willing to lead the rides, however I am only available on the 15/16th and 22 of Nov. So if you all want to put one of these rides off until Dec. or Jan. that is fine with me.

Mike
oldfart@36
oldfart@36

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by ScooterRob Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:39 pm

Or you could hang a right at Calistoga and go up 29 to Middletown for lunch at a little cafe with good homemade food and come back down to Silverado Trail via Butts Canyon Rd

ScooterRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom H Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:43 am

"Or you could hang a right at Calistoga and go up 29 to Middletown for lunch at a little cafe with good homemade food and come back down to Silverado Trail via Butts Canyon Rd"

BTDT. An excellent ride. Even came home down around Lake Beryessa (SP?) and into the Mankas corners area of Fairfield, which provides a nice cut off point for those headed off to Marin/Sonoma Counties. Lots of two lane. Nice views. Plenty of opportunity for out of the way stops.

I did this early spring this year and there was NO TRAFFIC.
Tom H
Tom H

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom H Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:48 am

Also, I'd be more than happy to do a South Bay ride if I can make the date. I was just talking to Gene a little over a week ago and mentioned how we haven't done anything - at least since Santa Cruz - down that neck of the woods and it is only fair that we share the pain when traveling to starting points.

Capitola sounds great. As does the Corbin factory. Having seen only Gene, Bonnie and John in the last few months and, seeing now that we've lost another member to a far away location, a destination ride, where we could spend some time BSing and catching up is appealing to me.
Tom H
Tom H

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:45 am

Tom,

I'm not sure when we had the last South Bay ride, if ever. We planned to go to the Corbin plant some months ago but never made it. I put a poll question up and it is 5 to 1 for the North Bay ride. I just wish more people would come on the site and post or respond to posts more so we can have more people voting on where to ride. It seems we have a lot of members but very few who particapate. Maybe we can do a South Bay ride for December. I would like it since it is in my neck of the woods and the last few rides I have had to ride quite a distance just to get to the start point. But then again, I consider getting to the start point part of the ride.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Next ride ideas? Empty Ride Poll

Post by Bonnie Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:32 am

I have not been able to find the ride poll. Has a ride in November been decided? This is only my opinion. but it seems to me that we had much more participation when we had our old site. Perhaps a question to the members as to why there is so little participation?
Bonnie
Bonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom H Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:22 am

Bonnie:

Can't say I didn't try. I wanted to ride today with anyone ineterested. I'm off by myself to Napa right now.

I'd be happy to set up a ride for this Saturday. Location would be determined by residence of those who say they are interested.

So, please, anyone interested in riding this Saturday respond to this post indicating your interest and your city of residence. I'll review the responses this evening and offer a proposal or two. If more than one other person commits, we'll schedule a Saturday ride.

Easy enough?
Tom H
Tom H

Back to top Go down

Post by ScooterRob Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:36 pm

I was thinking of taking Karole and going to Big Basin State Park, on down to Santa Cruz and then back up along the coast and over the Golden Gate this Saturday. Weather is suppose to be beautiful.

Robert

ScooterRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonnie Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:47 pm

Tom, If you are planning a ride on Saturday, count me in. And, thanks for the offer of putting the ride together. Bonnie in Concord
Bonnie
Bonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by genes650 Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:17 pm

Tom,

I can make the Saturday ride. Just let me know the time and meeting place. The route to be traveled would be helpful as well. LOL

Gene, Milpitas
genes650
genes650

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by scottj1119 Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:09 pm

I may be in also, depends on where.
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom H Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:43 am

O.K. Guys. here's what we have:

Tom (Antioch) says he's in for sure. Bonnie (Concord) says she is in. Gene (Milpitas) says he's in. Scott (Tracy) says maybe, depending on location.
Robert (Concord) says he was thinking of a ride down to Big Basin State Park, back up along the coast and over the Golden Gate Bridge.

The weather is supposed to be unseasonably warm and for once, that doesn't mean "too hot for comfort". It means in the 70's and this is November! (But no, Ashton Kucher won't be joining us.)

I'm thinking Robert's idea is a good one. We can head south out of a central Contra Costa County meet point down to Big Basin State Park. We can pick Scott and Gene up along the way to shorten their initial "ride to the meet point" and loop down through the beautiful redwoods of Santa Cruz County via 680, Crow Canyon Road, the San Mateo Bridge, . We can come back up on SR1 cutting through SF and cross the Golden Gate Bridge into Marin. Then, loop around, over the San Rafael Bridge to San Pablo Dam Road and back into Central Contra Costa and head off from there.

Here is why I see this as workable: We can pick up members or drop them off at points along the way as we are looping. Three of us can start (and end) in Central CC County. We can pick Scott up on 580. Gene might want to meet us in the vicinity of Hayward or Foster City. We will be coming around near other member's locations if they would wish to join.

Robert was the one that was thinking about this, so I don't want to step on his plans here. Robert, you are free to lead this if you would like, or at least to point out the side roads and other POIs you want on it.

Everyone get point your browsers to Yahoo maps, take a look at where Big Basin is and let me know what you think. I'll check back this afternoon or this evening and we'll take it from there. To make this easier, I'm going to copy this post to a new topic so respond there please.
Tom H
Tom H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down