Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

August Ride

+5
Rollingbones
oldfart@36
CaptJohn
scottj1119
gtrlarry
9 posters

Go down

August Ride Empty August Ride

Post by gtrlarry Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:10 am

Since we had to cancel the June ride ( San Andreas foothills ) maybe we can try once again this month. Anywhere up there is good scenery...Sonora, Jamestown, Angels Camp, Jackson, San Andreas...some nice lakes up there...Any ideas? Should we start a poll to see where we should go next month, or is it too early? Never too early to start thinking about it anyway.....If it seems too far for most, maybe the Central Valley riders would be interested??? Would like to hear from all y'all.....

P.S. Just realized, maybe I should've put this in the Central Valley Section....oh, well now it will be in both sections.... Very Happy

Last edited by gtrlarry on Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left something out)
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

August Ride Empty Re: August Ride

Post by scottj1119 Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:32 am

Larry,

I was just thinking about that also. I'll volunteer to lead the previous Stockton-San Andreas loop route ( Railroad Flats loop around San Andreas ) as an August ride, if people are interested.

Scott
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptJohn Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:02 am

I already posted the below information on the Central Valley area of this forum, but for us Bay Area folks here's the same info:

I handed out a bunch of information packets for the Annual Blue Butt Rally in Reno, NV, which will take place on Saturday, 08/15/08. If you're interested in going, make your reservations at the Peppermill (host hotel) and get your registration form mailed in, to avoid the deadline for higher reg fees.

A couple of us will be riding up to Reno together on Friday, August 15th. We'll attend the mandatory riders meeting at 7:15 p.m., and then head to dinner, across the street from the hotel, at the "Ruby River Steak House".

On Friday, we're planning on taking the long way to Reno. We'll leave Walnut Creek at 10:00 a.m., and ride Hwy 4 over Ebbets Pass into Markleville for lunch. That'll probably put us at the Peppermill at about 3-4 p.m. On Sunday, my plans are to return home over the Carson Pass and on Hwy 88 to Hwy 12 to Hwy 160 to Hwy 4 to home.

I've already registered to do the 250 mile ride on Saturday morning, and plan on starting at about 7:00 a.m. If you'd like to ride the 500 miler, feel free to sign-up for it, but 250 miles is just perfect for me.

If you'd like to join us, email or pm me!
CaptJohn
CaptJohn

Number of posts : 104

http://www.firstgiving.com/CaptJohn

Back to top Go down

August Ride Empty aug. ride

Post by oldfart@36 Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:25 pm

San Andreas sounds fine to me.

Mike
oldfart@36
oldfart@36

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrlarry Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:23 pm

Mike, did you put in your vote in the Poll section? if not, Be sure and do so as each vote counts. thanks....
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollingbones Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:08 pm

I signed up for the Blue Butt Rally. Sent in my registration and have reservations at the Peppermill. Sandy and I are going to make a 3 day thing out of it!!!
Rollingbones
Rollingbones

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

August Ride Empty San Andreas Ride

Post by gtrlarry Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:23 am

Scott,

Thanks for volunteering to lead the ride! Could you post the map of the ride again, or put a link to it....or is it still here on this site? Thanks, Larry
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Back to top Go down

August Ride Empty August Ride to San Andreas

Post by scottj1119 Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:47 am

For those that aren't able to make the Tahoe trip on August 16th, I'm willing to lead a ride to San Andreas. We've got a poll going for the date and here's a map of the route:

August Ride Stockt11
Scott
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:21 pm

Thanks for spearheading this, Scott. It sounds like a really nice route. Count me in!

Kevin
Modesto, CA
Kevin
Kevin

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by igniter3 Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:37 pm

Hello Folks,

Most likely I will go deer hunting on the 16th weekend (First weekend for Bow season).
If I decide not to go for deer hunting, I will join the rally. I will post back in this section by Thursday the 14th.
Thanks,

Charly
igniter3
igniter3

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.hmongline.com

Back to top Go down

August Ride Empty Aug ride

Post by oldfart@36 Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:25 am

Hi All,

I won't be able to make the Aug ride as I need to take care of some family matters. I will hopefully be on the Sept. ride if I am not fighting forrest fires.

Mike
oldfart@36
oldfart@36

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by scottj1119 Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:34 am

OK, so here is the list of people still going AFAIK,

Me, Kevin, Larry and possibly Jeff?

Am I missing anyone?

So, the biggest concern for this ride is the severe weather alert. It's predicted to be in the 90 - 95 degree temp range for this ride. I'm still willing to try the ride if everyone wants to, but no hurt feelings either if we want to re-schedule this one to a cooler time also.

What do you think?
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:35 pm

So sorry, but I must skip out on this Saturday's ride. I have accepted a job offer from the Monterey County Office of Ed and must secure housing in the next couple weeks. As such, I will be in the Monterey/Salinas area this weekend looking at places to live.

Kevin
Modesto, CA
Kevin
Kevin

Back to top Go down

Post by scottj1119 Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:50 pm

Kevin,

Congratulations! Man, that's some beautiful area to ride in, I'm jealous Razz

We'll catch you on the next ride!

Scott
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scottj1119 Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:54 pm

Based on the the severe heat forecast and the attendance, I propose that we postpone this ride to another time later this year when it's cooler.

It will be easy to re-schedule as the route has already been planned Very Happy

Scott
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:41 pm

Scott,

That sounds good to me. I really didn't think I was going to show if the temps stayed in the mid to high 90's. It just isn't enjoyable to ride in that type of heat. Also, if a bike breaks down it can be very uncomfortable in the heat too. I really want to do this ride since I enjoyed the last ride we had out there a few months back.

Thanks,
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:46 pm

Congrats Kevin,

Even though you will be down that way don't leave the group please. I would love to do some riding down there and now we have a good guide, YOU Laughing , so learn some of the good rides down there. It's not that far for me since I used to go scuba diving at Monterey all the time, and it is a nice ride down there. Do you think you will be Monterey? Keep us informed.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:08 pm

JeffR wrote:Congrats Kevin,

Even though you will be down that way don't leave the group please. I would love to do some riding down there and now we have a good guide, YOU Laughing , so learn some of the good rides down there. It's not that far for me since I used to go scuba diving at Monterey all the time, and it is a nice ride down there. Do you think you will be Monterey? Keep us informed.

Jeff/Scott, thanks. I've been looking at Salinas and Marina. My office will be in Salinas and I've heard that there's somewhat of a commute between Monterey and Salinas each day so I'd prefer to avoid it. Then again, I saw a condo for rent in Monterey that was on the beach. Literally, on the beach! (Check it out: http://monterey.craigslist.org/apa/794942015.html) So we'll see.

I'm pretty excited about it, though. And no, you guys aren't going to get rid of me just because I'm moving. I'll start looking out for nice touring roads. I know the Hwy 68 stretch is kinda nice. We could re-think the Corbin plant tour in Salinas. From Salinas, take 68 west into Monterey, stop for clam chowder, gawk at the tourists, then ride down along 17-Mile Drive and stare at the 8-figure homes before ending up in Carmel. It's starting to sound good, huh! :-)

Have a good weekend everyone.

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin

Back to top Go down

Post by igniter3 Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:45 am

Re-schedual for the next month if you can.... Deer hunting for me this weekend.
Thanks,

Charly
igniter3
igniter3

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.hmongline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom H Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:53 pm

Rescheduling does not bother me either. I was logging in to let everyone know that I probably would not make it tomorrow due to health issues.

I've been having small, vertigo occurances for a couple of weeks. Yesterday, they went on for a few hours, causing me to go see the doctor. His diagnosis was an inner ear viral infection and he perscribed meclizine.

Now that I've taken it, I feel pretty mushy headed. At first, I attributed that to the vertigo. BUt now that I've looked up meclizine on the internet, I realize that what I am feeling is most likely from the drug.

I don't know which is worse, the symptoms or the treatment.

In any case, if I was feeling this mushy headed tomorrow morning, I definitely wouldn't be riding along as I had planned.
Tom H
Tom H

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down