Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group Cards; similar to business cards

+4
scottj1119
gtrlarry
Kevin
JeffR
8 posters

Go down

Group Cards; similar to business cards Empty Group Cards; similar to business cards

Post by JeffR Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:23 pm

Hi all,

I would like to run something by all of you. I was thinking of getting some Group cards made up that gives our name of the group, site address, etc just in case we meet others on maxi-scooters. Like Larry just mentioned in a post about seeing a scoot just like Scott's in the area. I was just in REI yesterday when the guy next to us checking out was talking about his Silver Wing. I didn't get a chance to talk to him since the employee kept asking me questions. By the time I got out of the store he was gone.

So my wife mentioned we should get cards made up to give out to riders all over the area to get them to join and ride with us. I just feel that the more the merrier (sp?). What do others think of this? I'm sure they aren't too expensive and we can just carry a few at a time. Maybe print 250 or 500 to start. I will go to the print store next to work and see what they cost. The only other thing would be to come up with a logo for our group.

We can also come up with a different name for our site too if others want. We started out with the Bay Area Maxi Riders (BAMR) Group, which then also started the Central Valley Maxi Riders (CVMR) Group. So we can change our name to include both area's. Since I'm not from California I just thought both areas are considered the Bay Area. But then again, I'm from the corn fields of Illinois.

Let's shoot this idea around. I'm also going to post a message about a group rally next year. I posted this on the yahoo site some time ago and thought maybe we can toss it around too. We have a lot of riders in our group and I also posted this idea on other sites and got quite a few responses from Oregon and Nevada.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Group Cards; similar to business cards Empty Re: Group Cards; similar to business cards

Post by Kevin Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:53 pm

Maybe print 250 or 500 to start. I will go to the print store next to work and see what they cost. The only other thing would be to come up with a logo for our group.

I'm not very good at graphics, but something simple with a message might work. If we can agree on a logo, then maybe some of us might like to have it used for t-shirts, vests, hats, underwear(?), etc...

I threw this together with Photoshop. What do you think?

Kevin
Modesto, CA

Group Cards; similar to business cards BAMR%20Logo%20FINAL
Kevin
Kevin

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Group Cards; similar to business cards Empty Group cards

Post by gtrlarry Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:26 am

I think that's a good idea Kevin! I've had a few occasions already where I could have used the cards. Sometimes you don't have time to chat, like you in line...so you just give a card to them and all they need to know is on the card. I ran into yet another scoot yesterday...looked like a burgman, royal blue, here in Tracy. And another guy at Savemart who I've seen there before and talked with him. He had that Silverwing we were wondering about. This time he had what looked like a Charcoal color Burgie....must have traded or sold the Silverwing for a something newer. I saw him pass me later (I was in my car) on the way to Manteca on hwy 5. So he lives out here in Stockton or Manteca or close by. Yeah, we could recruit probably many new members that way. I think almost anyone who has a maxi scoot would probably love to go riding once a month and belong to a group. It's lonely having all that fun by yourself, don't you think???
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Group Cards; similar to business cards Empty Re: Group Cards; similar to business cards

Post by JeffR Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:33 am

Kevin,

It looks nice but is it possible to have a scooter on it? Thanks for doing this too. I'm not really sure how but I was going to check out www.cafepress.com since they have many things too. I think they have a system to design a card.

Thanks,
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Group Cards; similar to business cards Empty Message for logo suggestions

Post by gtrlarry Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:56 pm

1) Scoot To Live, Live To Scoot...
2) Have Scoot-Will Travel...
3) Backroad Warriors
4) Scoot or Die!
5) No Shift!
6) Ride a Scoot, Smile 24/7
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Back to top Go down

Post by scottj1119 Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:58 pm

gtrlarry wrote:1) Scoot To Live, Live To Scoot...
2) Have Scoot-Will Travel...
3) Backroad Warriors
4) Scoot or Die!
5) No Shift!
6) Ride a Scoot, Smile 24/7

I like #5!
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:21 pm

I think that this might be a good idea. The graphic suggests "No left brake," I know it is supposed to be "No clutch."

A couple years ago, one of the Silverwing Yahoo folks created a Wolf In Sheep's Clothing design that was very nice. It was pretty specific to the Honda Silverwing, but could probably be modified to be more generic for all maxi-scoots. The color of the scoot could be changed and the direction of travel, We could remove the Honda wing, etc.

I have the artwork and will post it here when I figure out how. (OK. I've tried three different things and didn't make it happen.)

I'll have to try again later.
David
David

Number of posts : 50

http://srdavid.blogspot.com  www.emerging-images.com

Back to top Go down

Group Cards; similar to business cards Empty Logo

Post by gtrlarry Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:27 pm

We could also use the side view of a scoot...say a Silverwing or Burgman for instance, (doesn't matter as they look very much alike) but also have someone riding it. I've seen other logos with a maxi scoot but no one on it and it looks kinda empty. Like the picture of Tom in the gallery section...that kind of view. It can be two colors, a light color for the scoot and rider, and a dark background, or vise versa...Let me know what you think...

Last edited by gtrlarry on Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : just noticed that pic while looking for an example)
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:07 pm

Hi,

I agree with having a scooter on the card. I didn't know what Kevin's post meant until I just read David's post. It makes sense now but would others understand it at first glance. It doesn't matter what scooter we use, if we decide to use one, since they all are very similar really. David, would we be allowed to use the Wolf in Sheeps clothing? I am going to the shop tomorrow just to get a rough estimate of what 250 or 500 would cost. I don't think we would need a lot but they are cheaper in bulk.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:27 am

Wolf in Sheeps Clothing design was put in public domain by the gentleman who did it. So there shouldn't be any problem using it. Obviously we would take off the Honda wing.

I think it is a great design because of its whimsical nature.

For those who don't know this image, I haven't been able to figure out how to post it on this group, and won't have time this weekend before my Mazatlan trip. But I can email it directly to Jeff and let him post it. Sorry to put more work on Jeff, guy.
David
David

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:13 pm

David wrote:The graphic suggests "No left brake," I know it is supposed to be "No clutch."

Yeah, I suppose I was going for something more along the lines of "Clutches are Overrated!" But I agree with most: I think a picture/silhouette of a scooter would give a better indication of what our group's about. I only hope we can find/design something with a little attitude. The "wolf in sheep's clothing idea" is nice. This, of course, coming from someone who's contemplated getting a personalized license plate frame with the caption, "You just got beat by a scooter!" Wink

Kevin
Modesto, CA
Kevin
Kevin

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:53 am

I like the 2 pictures in the Gallery with the wolf. I'm not sure if that would be better or just a picture of a scoot with our name and web site address. I am going to go to the print shop close to work this week and talk to them about this and prices. I wanted to last week but I was so busy at work.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Group Cards; similar to business cards Empty Group Cards

Post by gtrlarry Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:44 pm

I also like the wolf in sheep's clothing pics. The yellow scoot with wolf seems clearer and stands out better than the other. Maybe the yellow scoot with the blue background from pic 2? and I like the letters and word placement on the 2nd pic. (blue background) any others agree? try it on the P.C. and see if it looks good...thx...

Last edited by gtrlarry on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Back to top Go down

Group Cards; similar to business cards Empty logo

Post by oldfart@36 Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:19 pm

Hi Jeff,

How about a no clutch picture with the logo "Clutches, we don't need no stinkin clutches"?

Mike
oldfart@36
oldfart@36

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave E Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:20 pm

Just thought I'd throw it out there, but most (if not all) scooter clubs are already going to be hip to the no clutch thing. But what we've got that would appeal to other clubs, and sets us apart from the others, is the BA part of BAMR, the San Francisco Bay Area. I would think that something that says SFBayArea might distinguish us from other scooter clubs and might be worth a moments thought. Graphic Arts is not my thing, so I don't have any suggestions. Just my 2 cent's worth, and now I'm out of pennies.

--Dave
Dave E
Dave E

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:21 pm

Hi all,

I went to a print shop today and asked about prices for cards. I will bring the sheet Saturday to show everyone. I can also scan and post it here too. For really nice color cards they are $58 for 250 and $74 for 500 cards. The ones that are a bit more plain are about $35. So we can decide about a graphic to put on and what to say on the cards. I wish I had them already I could have given out 2 of them. They both rode Silver Wings and I saw them at different times. Although, we are growing pretty good on this site and there are quite a few from the other sites that haven't joined this one. Maybe others here, who visit other sites, can mention this when you see that riders are in the Bay Area. Also, you may want to think of putting our website address in your signature line on other sites you visit too. I think we have quite a few riders in the area that don't know about us.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrlarry Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:42 pm

That makes a lot of sense Jeff. I know many of us were on other sites or still visit other sites. A very good idea to spread the word while on other sites, or as you mentioned, add our web address to our signature! Good marketing Jeff...
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Back to top Go down

Post by sam_I_yam Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:53 pm

Dave E wrote:Just thought I'd throw it out there, but most (if not all) scooter clubs are already going to be hip to the no clutch thing. But what we've got that would appeal to other clubs, and sets us apart from the others, is the BA part of BAMR, the San Francisco Bay Area. I would think that something that says SFBayArea might distinguish us from other scooter clubs and might be worth a moments thought. Graphic Arts is not my thing, so I don't have any suggestions. Just my 2 cent's worth, and now I'm out of pennies.

--Dave

Right on. Incorporate an image unique to SF Bay, like the GG Bridge or the City skyline in silhouette... along with a touring scooter, of course. :-)
sam_I_yam
sam_I_yam

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Group Cards; similar to business cards Empty group cards

Post by gtrlarry Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:58 pm

Maybe get the cheap ones to start with (after all, it's just to share website for the group) and see how it goes and how long they last. If they go quick, keep it cheap. Then maybe get some nice ones made for the rally next year?
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Back to top Go down

Post by sam_I_yam Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:06 pm

gtrlarry wrote:Maybe get the cheap ones to start with (after all, it's just to share website for the group) and see how it goes and how long they last. If they go quick, keep it cheap. Then maybe get some nice ones made for the rally next year?

If you get the cards online, rather than a brick & mortar shop, it is often much less expensive. Try www.vistaprint.com for starters. They have lots of tools to help you design your own graphics and/or upload your own images. I did that once and ended up paying less than $30 for 500 full color cards with my own images & graphics. That was just 18 months ago; the price can't have gone up too much since then... can it?
sam_I_yam
sam_I_yam

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:48 pm

Just found a bunch of Maxi-scoot designs at http://www.cafepress.com/rumplefart/5670354 . The are purportedly of the Burgman, but who can tell anyway.
David
David
David

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrlarry Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:56 pm

Nice find David...I like the one with the Guy sitting on the Burgman...the Burgman by itself is ok, but kinda plain......
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down