Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BAMR Group Cards

+5
CaptJohn
scottj1119
gtrlarry
Kevin
JeffR
9 posters

Go down

BAMR Group Cards Empty BAMR Group Cards

Post by JeffR Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:38 am

Hi,

I have been playing around with a program to make BAMR Group Cards. The resolution is much better on their web site than how it appears here. I had to scan the page on my scanner and then post the page here. Please tell me what you think about this. The cost $25 for 250 cards. We can print things on the back too but since I was just playing around with this I didn't bother. We can decide, if we like this, what to put on the back.

David,

Thanks for sending me the better picture of this.

Jeff

https://i.servimg.com/u/f44/12/74/43/20/ccf00812.jpg
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

BAMR Group Cards Empty Re: BAMR Group Cards

Post by Kevin Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:38 pm

Jeff,

Those look good! Since there are many of us, do you think we should say "Wolves in sheep's clothing!" (One could then argue for a plural possessive on sheep but it wouldn't matter a whole lot.) And maybe make the font size of the "sheep's clothing" remark a little smaller? It seems to grab more attention than our group name. Either way, it looks good and will work fine. Put me down for a couple dozen and I'll reimburse you when I see you next.

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

BAMR Group Cards Empty Cards

Post by gtrlarry Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:41 pm

They look great Jeff! I would like some too...I get them on the next ride, reimburse of course! Thanks for all the work! Now we can recruit!!
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by scottj1119 Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:45 pm

Jeff,

Yeah, I like them also. I'll also take two dozen and reimburse you next time we meet.

Scott
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptJohn Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:28 am

Jeff:

Count me in for some cards, too! This forum is more then "bench racing"; it's a rider's forum. In fact, the forum is merely our voice; we are a club! Start me off with 2 dozen, too; and I'll either reimburse you OR PM me your address, and I'll send you a check.
CaptJohn
CaptJohn

Number of posts : 104

http://www.firstgiving.com/CaptJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:30 am

Kevin,

I'm not able to edit the logo since I don't have the original. I didn't make this logo so it has to stay the way it is.

All,

I can go ahead and order about 250 of them and hand them out on the next ride or even mail them to you if you want. I will order them this week and keep everyone informed. I also bought some software to make business cards and will play with that also.

Thanks,
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:28 pm

Hi all,

I ordered the cards and they should be here in about 7 days. I ordered 2 sets of 250 cards. One set has the yellow picture on it and the other set has the blue picture. You can go to the gallery and see them. They basically say the same thing but are a little different. I did this since after playing with the blue picture I found it came out a little clearer. So for our next ride we will have our new cards. If anyone wants some just send me your address. The order for 500 came to $65 so it was a lot cheaper than the print shop I went to. I think those were going to be about $75 for 250. There was a $15 shipping charge added on too. I think it will be nice to have cards since I could have given them out to about 5 people just in the last few weeks.

Thanks,
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:42 am

I like them both. The blue one is a little nicer, but perhaps not as easy to read.
David
David

Number of posts : 50

http://srdavid.blogspot.com  www.emerging-images.com

Back to top Go down

BAMR Group Cards Empty BAMR Cards

Post by Bonnie Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:58 am

Jeff, I appreciate all the work that was done on this card. However, I would like to make a few comments. I wish we could have voted, as a group, on a choice of cards. Maybe I have missed something but I don't see our website address shown, perhaps it is on the back?
As a woman, I really can't relate to a cartoon drawing of a wolf wearing a hat. Living in the Bay Area we have so many things we could have chosen for a design. The following is a site showing some patches of various scooter groups:
http://scoot.net/patches/
I probably have offended some members by my suggestions/comments but that is not my intention. I just would like a design representing the group to be the best it can be.
Bonnie
Bonnie
Bonnie

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrlarry Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:03 pm

I agree with Bonnie as such...
1) The cards for now are nice because they were cheap and we needed some fast...and we didn't have to design them, but, I think also, when we get serious, we could come up with something original for the artwork (logo) and the caption. Something we can all relate to, and of course pitch in-split the cost.
2) Maybe it was an oversight, but we really do need our website address on the cards...should be on the front if possible.
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:45 pm

Bonnie & Larry,

The website is on the front of both cards so I'm not sure what you are referring to. As to the design I did put it out and people seemed to like them. Since only a few people seem to be the only ones that post here those are the ones I listened too. Larry, when I asked if others liked them this was your post: "They look great Jeff! I would like some too...I get them on the next ride, reimburse of course! Thanks for all the work! Now we can recruit!!

These don't have to be our permanent cards but it is just that I have seen quite a few scooter riders and could have given them out if we would have had them. I don't really care what we have really. It just seems I'm the only one trying to get the group to expand and I did ask for responses. Maybe others should come on here and post more often and join in more.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrlarry Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:37 pm

Thanks for the reply Jeff. Sorry, I thought the website wasn't on the card since she said it was missing...I didn't go back and look...(my bad) I think the cards are just fine, we can use them to pass around to others who might be interested. What I meant was if we keep growing, and wind up big enough, maybe some day make our own design and logo and saying for the cards...and we will have a fund to pay for those (or all pitch in again). Maybe even patches and things like that.
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonnie Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:06 am

Jeff, At first I was getting the new posts but for some reason that only lasted a day or two. Yesterday was the first I saw of the new cards in the gallery. These do not show the website address..
By not getting any noticication of the new postings I missed out on the ride yesterday. I will have to look into how to remedy this problem. By your reply, I guess I hit your hot buttton. As I wrote in my posting, my intention was not to offend anyone.
Bonnie
Bonnie

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:16 am

Bonnie,

The picture in the gallery is not the card but a logo that was posted there. I went through all of the profiles and sent the proofs out to everyone who has an email address listed. For some reason I can't post them here since the document they sent me is protected. Also, these aren't intended to be our permanent group cards either. I just wanted to get something to give to others. I'm also going to take some to the local dealers and ask them to include them with each scooter they sell. This way all new riders will know where to go to set up rides. Sorry if I sounded terse in my response since I didn't mean it that way. But the site address is on the proofs and I did ask for responses and all of the responses were positive.

To the group,

If anyone else would like to form a group to decide on a permanent card then please do so. I really have no experience at all with graphics. Maybe a nice picture of the Golden Gate Bridge would be nice. But again, I just wanted to get a card out there quickly and when I asked for suggestions I received 2 or 3 logo's from members.

I also made these without the intention of collecting any money. I just posted the cost to show that I found a cheaper place to get them then the print shops I talked to. These cards are on me. The prints shops seem to be much more expensive then the online site I used. The site is www.vistaprint.com .

Thanks,
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfart@36 Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:34 pm

Hi Jeff,

I like the cards and would like some as I run across a scooter now and then in a parking lot. I think you are right that in the future a card with something that represents the bay area might be better. My two cents worth.

Mike
oldfart@36
oldfart@36

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrlarry Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:58 pm

What better represents the bay area better than the Golden Gate Bridge?? Nothing! Good idea! Down the road when we are thinking about doing our own graphics ( or having them done), I think the bridge would be a good representation of us and our area.....maybe with a scooter on it or above it or below...big enough to be seen good.
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom H Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:30 am

Guys:

Don't forget, there are no facial expressions or intonations in email. Thus, when we discuss something, exchanges can seem terse or emotional when they are actually not.

We need to keep this in mind both as posters and readers. After all, in person we are some of the nicest people I know. Smile
Tom H
Tom H

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom H Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:36 am

I do like the Golden Gate Bridge idea. Do we think it might be copyrighted?

Will we have to pay royalties for using it? After all, the tolls are going up to $7 on weekends pretty soon. Neutral

(a little government employee humor)
Tom H
Tom H

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:44 pm

Tom H wrote:I do like the Golden Gate Bridge idea. Do we think it might be copyrighted?

FYI... Motorcycle/scooter gangs (including BAMR) will typically defy the "system" as a matter of statement. By including pictures of government-owned, copyrighted property on our scooter club draft cards, we would be taking a very big first step toward anarchy.

Kevin
Modesto, CA
Kevin
Kevin

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:22 pm

Hi all,

The cards came in today and they look nice. If the forecast is for very hot weather on the 16th I won't be able to hand out the cards since I won't ride then. As I said I'm not a hot weather person. Hopefully the weather will change some. I can mail them if the people who want them would like to send me your address.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:43 pm

For those of you who would like some cards mailed to you please email your name and address to sflens412@sbcglobal.net and I will start sending them out. I have already sent them out to 2 members.

Thanks,
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptJohn Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:50 pm

Hi Jeff:

I'm so sorry that I'm tardy in thanking you for the business cards. I received them, and have already started distributing them. The yellow ones are substantially easier to read then the blue ones.

Thanks again,
CaptJohn
CaptJohn

Number of posts : 104

http://www.firstgiving.com/CaptJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:35 pm

John,

I'm glad you like them but we can work on something else as our group logo. The yellow ones can be read easier I must agree.

Ride safe,

JeffR
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content