Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

December Rides???

4 posters

Go down

December Rides??? Empty December Rides???

Post by JeffR Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Hi,

Is anyone planning on riding in December? I ride everyday to work but was wondering if anyone is interested in a ride. The only day I can make a longer ride is a week from this Saturday or Sunday. Since it is getting close to Xmas I will be busy after the next weekend. I'm sure that any rides that happen this month will probably just be informal rides. If anyone is interested in a ride next Saturday, Dec 13th, I would be up for something. Just let me know.

Also, who all are still riding? I know some people out here in California get cold in the winter but since I worked outside in the midwest for so many years I don't really get cold out here. I ride about 23 miles one way almost every day to work.

Ride safe,

JeffR
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

December Rides??? Empty Re: December Rides???

Post by CaptJohn Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:13 am

Jeff:

Last year I put together a little evening ride--followed by dinner--to look at the Christmas lights in a San Ramon neighborhood. I did it on a weekday evening, meeting at Vespa of Walnut Creek at about 5:30 p.m., followed by the ride from 6:00-7:00 p.m. After the short ride, we all met at the "Back Forty BBQ" located in the shopping center at the intersection of San Ramon Valley & Alcosta Blvds.

If that's something that appeals to everyone, let me know, and I'll set it up, again. Weather permitting, it might be fun to do on Wednesday, December 17th.
CaptJohn
CaptJohn

Number of posts : 104

http://www.firstgiving.com/CaptJohn

Back to top Go down

December Rides??? Empty Christmas lights and BBQ

Post by johnmac Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:28 pm

I'd be up for a Tuesday or Wednesday ride........
John

johnmac

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://www.JohnGilreath.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom H Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:40 am

I might be able to swing it. Have to check with the wife and my calendar. Too many events in December. I envy those who just take the month off. Sad
Tom H
Tom H

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom H Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:38 am

John:

I only wish we had planned for a December 17th ride earlier. That is the night of our holiday dinner for work. A "previous commitment" would have let me out gracefully. Any excuse not to attend would be nice as I hate these phony affairs.

We had an internal "gift exchange" yesterday. Everyone pretended to have a good time but privately afterward, admit they really aren't comfortable with it for a host of reasons.

It is especially difficult when we try to make it "Holiday" rather than "Christmas" as we have a rather diverse group of folks among our 39 staff including serious Christians, agnostics, Jews and Hindus these days. The difficulties go way beyond the party theme as the food becomes important too. Our less-than-intelligent Admin Director told one of our Hindu mechanics that there was no beef in a spaghetti dish we had with meat sauce. She told him it was pork. I hope his soul can still be saved!

Boy, I just love group think!

The bottom line is: I can't ride on Wednesday the 17th, but I'll be envious of those of you that do.
Tom H
Tom H

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptJohn Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:14 pm

Tom, the date isn't written in stone. What weeknight would be good for most of us? I'm open to almost any night, but as Christmas gets closer, I'm sure all our schedules will start to fillup fast.
CaptJohn
CaptJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptJohn Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:43 pm

For anyone interested in joining me for a ride to look at the Christmas lights, I started a "Poll" on the BAMR YahooGroups Site. The dates are 12/16, 12/17 or 12/18.

If there is interest, I'll set a meeting spot by this coming Monday, 12/15/08. My tentative plan is to meet somewhere in Alamo or Danville. From there we'll travel to a "well known" San Ramon neighborhood to view the lights, and from there we'll head to the "Back Forty BBQ" for dinner. The restaurant is located in San Ramon, in the shopping center, located at the intersection of San Ramon & Alcosta Blvds.
CaptJohn
CaptJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down