Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Cruise - Vallejo to Bodaga Bay

+3
sam_I_yam
JeffR
Greg470
7 posters

Go down

Sunday Cruise - Vallejo to Bodaga Bay Empty Sunday Cruise - Vallejo to Bodaga Bay

Post by Greg470 Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:30 pm

Last minute scenic ride on back roads from Vallejo to Bodaga Bay...two pick up points - 10:15 AM in North Berkeley or 11:00 AM in Vallejo (intersection of Rt 29 and Rt 37 area)....Will be taking it low and slow with stops for photo opportunities and lunch along the way....It should be in the 70-80's on the coast with some nice sunshine...If you want to join, let us know where you are coming from and we will give you the meeting details...We are flexible on the timing and the route but figure 3-4 hours of riding max...right now we have four people and hope to add more...Let us know... Greg
Greg470
Greg470

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Sunday Cruise - Vallejo to Bodaga Bay Empty Re: Sunday Cruise - Vallejo to Bodaga Bay

Post by JeffR Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:57 pm

Greg,

I'm going to speak to my wife about this since the Saturday ride is being postponed due to weather. I live in Fremont so getting to Berkeley is no problem. I will get back with you and thanks for arranging rides.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Sunday Cruise - Vallejo to Bodaga Bay Empty Re: Sunday Cruise - Vallejo to Bodaga Bay

Post by Greg470 Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:10 pm

Jeff,

Mike and I are meeting in North Berkeley off the University exit. We will be at the Peet's Coffee at 1776 Fourth Street by 10:15AM... (head north on Fourth and it will be on your left) We will pick up Will (silverwilly) in Vallejo around 11:00 AM and go from there....We are flexible on our route and plans so if you have any favorite roads we can talk about them on Sunday....Will lives up in Fairfield and knows the area as well...It should be a fun ride

Greg
Greg470
Greg470

Back to top Go down

Sunday Cruise - Vallejo to Bodaga Bay Empty Vallejo to Bodega

Post by sam_I_yam Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:34 pm

If you guys decide to head out toward Bodega please let me know?...Maybe you could pick me up along the way, since I live in Petaluma.
sam_I_yam
sam_I_yam

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Sunday Cruise - Vallejo to Bodaga Bay Empty Sunday ride

Post by johnmac Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:18 pm

Would love to join you all if its not too late.
Coming from Dublin.
Guess I should meet you in Vallejo.
Where are you meeting?
John Gilreath
925-215-1892 Home
925-548-1787 Mobile
gilreath@usa.net

johnmac

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://www.JohnGilreath.com

Back to top Go down

Post by johnmac Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:20 pm

Ok, I see you're meeting at Vallejo (intersection of Rt 29 and Rt 37 area). Any landmarks there?
John Gilreath

johnmac

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://www.JohnGilreath.com

Back to top Go down

Post by silverwilly Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:48 pm

All,
Here is a the route and the meeting place in Vallejo,
We wil be meeting at Mcdonalds, 416 Lincoln, vallejo, ca.
http://tinyurl.com/preview.php?num=6j9xc8

See you there. will be checking email and forum till tonight.

William
silverwilly
silverwilly

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg470 Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:13 pm

Will - thanks for laying out the route on Google Maps looks great...We will meet you at the McDonalds at 416 Lincoln in Vallejo and I understand there is a Shell station there so we can all start out with full tanks...Looks like we have a good sized group for a last minute ride...I will bring my camera and we can take some good scenic shots and record the group for posterity...See you all tomorrow... Greg
Greg470
Greg470

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:27 pm

Hmmm. Why didn't my reply show up? Anyway. I can meet you all in Petaluma at 11:45. Where in Petaluma? Cell number is 415-717-6085. I'll also plan to monitor channel 3 if anyone has GMRS or FRS.
David
David
David

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-05-25

http://srdavid.blogspot.com  www.emerging-images.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg470 Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:35 pm

David,

Glad you can join us...I have not heard back from Sam I Am who lives in Petaluma...Will Sy has laid out a route map and we are coming up Rt 116, Lakeview Hwy and then Bodega Ave...If you have any locations up there that you know we can meet both you and Sam...I am new to the area so I don't know any specifics....Will send you my cell by PM so we can connect tomorrow...If you can reach Sam, have him pick a place and we will find you.. Greg
Greg470
Greg470

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:39 pm

Actually now that I've looked at the chart, Petaluma Blvd and D St. looks like the right place to join you all unless I hear otherwise.
David
David

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg470 Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:46 pm

Sounds perfect...will look for you there...Greg
Greg470
Greg470

Back to top Go down

Post by sam_I_yam Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:05 pm

David wrote:Actually now that I've looked at the chart, Petaluma Blvd and D St. looks like the right place to join you all unless I hear otherwise.

Hi David! In Petaluma it will be much easier for everyone to meet at the In-N-Out Burger at 1010 Lakeville St..
For you David, that's north bound on the 101 freeway to Petaluma, take the Hwy 116 exit. Cross under the freeway and Hwy 116 becomes Lakeville St., and that's where the In-N-Out Burger is. There is a Chevron station next door to it, and a Shell station across the street, as well as a big Lucky's supermarket.

See you all there!
sam_I_yam
sam_I_yam

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg470 Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:34 am

David.

Let's take Sam's advice since he lives there and meet you at the IN / Out Burger near Hwy 116 and Rt 101 on Lakeville St...We expect to be there around 11:45... Greg
Greg470
Greg470

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:40 am

Hi Greg and all,

Well. Shucks. Sad Got a call from the church asking me to facilitate a group after worship. So I won't be able to make this after all.

And I was so looking forward to meeting the mysterious Sam. bounce

Have a good ride, folks.

David
David
David

Back to top Go down

Post by sam_I_yam Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:04 am

David wrote:Hi Greg and all,
Well. Shucks. Sad Got a call from the church asking me to facilitate a group after worship. So I won't be able to make this after all. And I was so looking forward to meeting the mysterious Sam. bounce
Have a good ride, folks.
David

David,

I'm so sorry you won't be able to make it! But, um... we have met! I went with you on the ride up to Williams on June 21; I caught up with the group in Napa. It was a nice ride, especially going over Hwy 20.

Take care & see you next time,

Sam
sam_I_yam
sam_I_yam

Back to top Go down

Post by sam_I_yam Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:15 am

Greg470 wrote:...If you can reach Sam, have him pick a place and we will find you.. Greg

Just for clarification: I am a woman, despite my nickname. :-)

See you soon!
sam_I_yam
sam_I_yam

Back to top Go down

Post by scottj1119 Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:17 pm

That was a fun day and I enjoyed meeting all of you new folks too: John, Greg, Willy and Sharon. It was also good to see familiar faces, Tom and Mike.

What a great day to pick for the weather and the ride! Couldn't have been better. Total day was over 300 miles and I am still smiling Very Happy

See y'all next time!

Scott
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by silverwilly Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:52 am

Scott,
It was a good time meeting everyone and the ride.
Thanks for putting up with me!

Will
silverwilly
silverwilly

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down