Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Crawdad Festival

Go down

Final Crawdad Festival Empty Final Crawdad Festival

Post by Tom H Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:18 am

Elza and I will be departing in a half hour, headed to the McDs in Oakley to meet with Larry @ 11:00 AM.

Scott just called and said he will be making it after all and will either meet us at McDs or, if he is late, he'll head on up directly to Isleton.

Mark is supposed to be coming down from Sacramento with some others to Isleton.

David said he was ready to go, but we haven't heard the route he will take. Thus, we are planning to see him in Isleton.

Gene is riding with the Blue Knights today up in the area and mentioned that he might stop by and see us in Isleton.

Everyone in front of the Del Rio Hotel on Main Street in Isleton at noon today.

See you then.

Tom
Tom H
Tom H

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Final Crawdad Festival Empty Re: Final Crawdad Festival

Post by Tom H Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:37 pm

Norca Us wrote:
> Hi,
> I parked and hung out around the hotel from a little after 12 until almost 1 and did not meet anyone though I saw a few scooters parked here and there.
> Did I miss a gathering?
> Hope you had a good time.
>
> Dave
>
>
>
>
Dave:

My apologies! Somehow, we lost track of this. I'm not sure exactly how.

You weren't riding the black Piaggio we saw parked a block down from the Del Rio by any chance?

Scott and Larry met up with Elza and I in Oakley and we road up to Isleton together. We met Mark and his wife (they came down from Fair Oaks) n front of the Del Rio Hotel, just after noon. We toured the festival in downtown Isleton a bit. I'm not sure how we missed you, but you should have called one of us on our cell phones. That's why I like to have contact info when we have these rides. I guess it's going to be even more important if we agree to a meet point that involves large crowds of people, especially other motorcyclists. And, with new members where we don't know each other by sight, we are going to need a way to identify each other ---- T SHIRTS or VESTS ANYONE?

We caught a bite to eat at Regilios; even tried some crawdads. And then Scott and Larry decided to return to Tracy.

The four of us that remained headed over to the field on the east edge of town. There were rides there, a music stage, lots of food (like a county fair) and a few merchandise vendors. But, it was hot and shade was scarce. We were soon overcome by the heat so we sat under the tent for a while.

Mark and his spouse decided they had enough and they headed for home. Elza and I remained to see Catfish and the Crawdaddies at 4:00 but it was hot and crowded and we were sitting to the side of the stage where the sound was rather poor, so we ended up taking off about 4:45.

It was very windy on the Sacramento river, as it often is in the summer and this made my wife uneasy.

Overall, it was a good time but the festival was a lot like a county fair: there wasn't anything besides food, brews and a few vendors, which is O.K. if we weren't riding bikes and planning on hanging around. The festival wasn't as diverse as we had hoped it would be in terms of what there was to see and do.

Let's coordinate better next time!

Tom H.,
Tom H
Tom H

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down