Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 25th ride

2 posters

Go down

May 25th ride Empty May 25th ride

Post by scottj1119 Sun May 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Larry and I had a good ride today.

The original plan to go to San Andreas was scuttled due to possible rain, so we improvised and headed south.

We started in Tracy and went west on Corral Hollow to pick up Mines Road. The weather was great, cloudy and moderate temps. We headed south on Mines and went to Del Valle park to just do a drive through. Unfortunately, they don't allow drive throughs on the weekends, just during the week.

So, we got back on Mines and headed south toward Junction Cafe. Next, we came across an organized bicycle race which, fortunately, was headed northbound on Mines so we just had to watch for the groups headed north. We took it pretty easy and enjoyed the ride.

Our only stop was at the Junction Cafe at the south end of Mines Road. When we arrived, the cafe was still closed. So, we just took a break and had some "power bars" for a snack. While we were waiting, the cafe opened up ( 10:30 am ). So, we headed inside for a little more substantial meal. We had some coffee and some good BLTs and decided to take Del Puerto Canyon eastbound to I-5 and then take I-5 to 580 and back to Tracy.

Here are some pics we took at the Junction Cafe before we left:

Larry at the Junction:

May 25th ride May25Ride001

Me at the Junction:

May 25th ride May25Ride002

Larry gettin' ready:

May 25th ride May25Ride003

Larry and his Xciting 250:

May 25th ride May25Ride004

Me with my Burgman:

May 25th ride May25Ride005

Del Puerto Canyon was a beautiful ride, just had to keep our eyes open for debris on the road. We also came across a loose cow beside the road and also startled a coyote trying to cross the road. We took it pretty easy back to I-5.

I-5 to 580 was pretty uneventful, as super slabs normally are.

By the time we got back to Tracy, it was about 110 miles total. Another fun ride with good company!
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

May 25th ride Empty Re: May 25th ride

Post by JeffR Sun May 25, 2008 6:49 pm

Scott,

Nice write up and pictures. That is a really nice ride over there as it is one of my favorites. Have you been up to Mount Hamiliton too? We had a group ride up there a few months back. Thanks for the photo's.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230

Back to top Go down

May 25th ride Empty May 25th ride

Post by scottj1119 Sun May 25, 2008 7:38 pm

Jeff,

Thanks, it was a fun ride.

Yeah, the first time I was up to Mt Hamilton on my scooter was with you on the ride from Livermore. Remember, I had to go find you in the gift shop?
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

May 25th ride Empty Re: May 25th ride

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down