Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello From OZ "Downunder!"

4 posters

Go down

Hello From OZ "Downunder!" Empty Hello From OZ "Downunder!"

Post by Block588 Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:24 pm

Hi Team, Just a quick note to introduce my self and say hi.

My name is Pete "Block" and along with Smoko Bob, I'm a Member of the Maxtitag group in Brisbane Australia. Its great to have another forum like ours to access for information and sharing Scoot things.

I'm one of the few here who ride a MP3. There are only four members who have MP3s and only 2 of us are located in South East Queensland where Brisbane is. So hands on Experiance with MP3s is very light on here.

So any advice you have would be very well recived.

I hope to chat to you all soon and maybe one day catch up on a ride.

Block Very Happy

Block588

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Hello From OZ "Downunder!" Empty Re: Hello From OZ "Downunder!"

Post by scottj1119 Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:35 pm

Block,

Welcome!

One of our members, Captain John, has an MP3 and loves it! I'll let him give you the details.

It's good to be connected Smile

Scott
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Block588 Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:03 pm

Thanks Scott for the Welcome! I can't wait to hear from Capt John on his MP3!

Thanks Again!

Block Smile

Block588

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptJohn Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:54 pm

Welcome to our group, Block. My wife and I have been riding our MP3 250's for about 1 year now, and I've managed to ride about 7,000 miles and wife has about 1,000 miles on hers. I've used mine for long daytrips, and have had no problems at all with my bike, although it does seem to eat rear tires at an alarming rate. If you'd like to read more information on the MP3 then you'd probably like to know, follow the attached link:

http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/forum13
CaptJohn
CaptJohn

Number of posts : 104

http://www.firstgiving.com/CaptJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:36 am

Welcome Block. Glad you joined and why don't you put a pic of yourself and your bike in our Gallery section if you get time. You can create your own gallery and put pics of you and your bike, and maybe some other nice pics of where you ride. And please post as often as you like.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Block588 Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm

Wow Guys, Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll have to work on the Photo's, It is about time I got off my Arse and got some to post.

John I'm already on Modern Vespa and it is great,
What I would be interested in any mods that you have had done? and found to be worthwhile.

I've only had my MP3 for about 5 months and have covered only just over a thousand Kms. I'm still yet to do any long rides as I busy with a big family (5 Kids), My Civi Job working for the State Government in the Transport Dept (same as your DMV), I'm still serving (Part-time at the moment) in the Australian Defence Force - Army, where I'm a Combat Engineer Captian (Yes a very old Capt but i was commissioned from the ranks after 20 years, I was a Sargent Major) So riding time is a short 6 K trip to work twice a week if I'm lucky, To and from the Army base about 4 k,once or twice a week and when ever I can find an excuse to take the scoot out on the weekend to do a job for the family> So generaly ride time is limited as the family tend to call me back into the fold to do the family thing.

Pete "Block"
Piaggio MP3 250 Sky Blue

"Follow The Sapper!"

Block588

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptJohn Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:13 pm

The main modification I've made to my MP3 (and others have done on their respective scooters) is install a J.Costa Variator. That is probably the most effective modification you can make from a pure performance perspective.

The LeoVinci Exhaust systems sound great, but the increase in performance is barely noticable, from what I've heard from those that made the installation.

Keep your aircleaner clean, and oil it with UniFilter filter oil NOT the engine oil/gasoline mix, as recommended by Piaggio.

Finally, believe it or not, add a Fabbri Medium Windshield. It'll actually raise your top speed and increase fuel economy.
CaptJohn
CaptJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Block588 Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:47 pm

Thanks Capt John, The screen will be one of the first things once the wallet can affort it. I'm also going to add a 12V socket under the seat and have the lights wired so that on Hibeam thay are both on. As to the J.Costa Variator, Expensive!. My local Vespa Dealer has been testing just changing the weights in the existing Variator and first impressions is that he had achive about an 18% increase across the Power band on his test units in the shop and on the road. Cost is about $50.00 as apossed to $400+. The dealer is running a few more test before he put them into any customers Scoots. This may be the best short term answer.

The aircleaner clean, I'll have to find out somthing about that. I'm a little Mech Challenged, As a Combat Engineer if I can't work somthing out its a simple case of adding more explosive or get a bigger hammer.........! May have to take a little more of a soft approach!

Thanks again for the help!

Block588

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptJohn Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:53 pm

Oz:

Take a look at my "gallery", and you'll see some pics of my MP3, along with some "wild" publicity shots of that model. Here's a link to my gallery:

http://bamr.heavenforum.org/gallery/Personal-album-of-CaptJohn-cat_u3.htm

I've, also, installed a BMW Powerlet socket under my seat, which makes hooking-up my BatteryTender a cakewalk; AND I did the "both-lites-on" modification. That mod really makes you more visible during the daylight hours, and throws a ton of light at night.
CaptJohn
CaptJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down