Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crawdad Festival Ride Saturday...

2 posters

Go down

Crawdad Festival Ride Saturday... Empty Crawdad Festival Ride Saturday...

Post by gtrlarry Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:55 pm

I rode from Tracy to Oakley to meet Tom and his wife at McDonalds. They got there right after I did-I checked my msgs and found out Scott (Tracy also) got back from the road (work) early and is going to join us! So he showed up a few minutes later...and we were off to the Crawdad Festival! After going over the bridge (160-I have been in wind before, living here in the valley, but I thought I was going to get blown right off my scoot! I was the worst I had experienced to date.) But we made it fine over the bridge, and headed on back roads- nice views- all the way to the festival and came in the back way... scenic roads. There were a million Harleys and some scooters. The Harley guy was collecting for the parking...he said, "Harleys 5 bucks, scooters, $25 bucks! Then they all laughed and we did too. One harley parked in between two of our scoots! (A brave guy, huh?) We walked around a bit, looking at the booths and all. It was a nice day, we thought it would be very hot, but not! Scott and I both realized we had both forgotten our hats, so we bought a couple. Then we went to a restaurant and ate lunch. We all had burritos I think, plus some crawdads! Then we headed to the big part of the festival (where all the rides and stuff are). I had to leave early (2pm) coz I had a gig in Manteca, and had to be there to set up at 4:30. Scott wanted to leave too so we rode home together on back roads and made good time too! I will add some pics on the gallery and some more later (from my phone).
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Crawdad Festival Ride Saturday... Empty Re: Crawdad Festival Ride Saturday...

Post by Kevin Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:14 pm

Larry,

Thanks for the ride summary. Sounds like everyone had a nice time. Look forward to the pics.

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down