Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOPIC LOCKED !!! USE THE ABOVE TOPIC FOR Crawdad Festival

+3
David
scottj1119
JeffR
7 posters

Go down

TOPIC LOCKED !!!  USE THE ABOVE TOPIC FOR Crawdad Festival Empty TOPIC LOCKED !!! USE THE ABOVE TOPIC FOR Crawdad Festival

Post by JeffR Sat May 24, 2008 9:41 pm

Hi,

There is going to be a Crawdad Festival on June 14th, 2008 in Isleton, California. This is on the Delta and here is a link for more information. So far we have about 4-5 riders from the BAMR group that will attend.

Here is the link for more information:

http://www.crawdadfestival.org/c-schedule.html

Ride safe,

JeffR

Last edited by JeffR on Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

TOPIC LOCKED !!!  USE THE ABOVE TOPIC FOR Crawdad Festival Empty Re: TOPIC LOCKED !!! USE THE ABOVE TOPIC FOR Crawdad Festival

Post by JeffR Wed May 28, 2008 11:21 pm

Hello,

Who all is planning to make this ride on June 14th? I'm not too sure if I can make this. My wife has to go to Holland for 10 days for family issues so she will be getting back just a couple of days before this ride. I'm still a "Maybe" at this point.

Bonnie,

What are your thoughts on this? I believe you mentioned this ride/event so are you wanting to make this a ride or just meet as a group at Isleton? For the ones who can make this ride/event, it would be a nice ride around the Delta.

So lets all chime in on who is planning to go on this ride. I'm a "Maybe" at this point.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230

Back to top Go down

TOPIC LOCKED !!!  USE THE ABOVE TOPIC FOR Crawdad Festival Empty Re: TOPIC LOCKED !!! USE THE ABOVE TOPIC FOR Crawdad Festival

Post by scottj1119 Thu May 29, 2008 11:49 am

I'm planning to make it, either as a ride or meeting there as a group.
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

TOPIC LOCKED !!!  USE THE ABOVE TOPIC FOR Crawdad Festival Empty Isleton

Post by David Thu May 29, 2008 11:11 pm

I'm on.
R
David
David

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-05-25

http://srdavid.blogspot.com  www.emerging-images.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sam_I_yam Fri May 30, 2008 10:52 am

If I see you all, I'll wave from the river. --I'll be visiting at my brother's place, which happens to be a classic yacht he keeps in Isleton. :-)

--sam
sam_I_yam
sam_I_yam

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

TOPIC LOCKED !!!  USE THE ABOVE TOPIC FOR Crawdad Festival Empty Crawdad Festival

Post by gtrlarry Fri May 30, 2008 12:29 pm

[b]Count me in! Looking forward to this...hope it turns out to be a ride around the delta. A great idea for a ride and a get together afterwards...take care...Larry
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Number of posts : 120

Back to top Go down

TOPIC LOCKED !!!  USE THE ABOVE TOPIC FOR Crawdad Festival Empty Isleton Crawdad Festival

Post by Tom H Fri May 30, 2008 7:37 pm

BAMR has been to Isleton at least twice as many of you will remember. It's the small, delta town where we ate lunch in that little cafe with the old, Russian motorcycle with a sidecar on display. It's right on the river road, Highway 160.

The Crawdad Festival was an annual, Father's Day even set up by blocking off the main street there and lining it with booths for food and merchandise. Elza and I have been a few times before. We had fun, although at times it was way too hot.

The festival disappeared a couple of years ago due to competing, local political interests (the Chamber of Commerce and the City itself IIRC), problems with insurance and the CHP wanting a lot of money to pay the officers they had to supply to handle the traffic on highway 160 (it was said to have generated 100,000 in attendance over the three day event). And, there had been some "rowdy" incidents in the past that put some people off. I know the last year that Elza and I attended, there was a huge, biker row, a lot of drinking, only two Sheriff's Officers and a feeling that it could easily turn into a riot.

But, they've cleaned it up, given it more of a family focus and it looks to be fun. They've re-jigered the parking, and added an additional side street to the venues. They've also added a boat ride over from Rio Vista to Isleton that may include lunch. Of course, that won't be free. I guess that should help with the parking problems of the past. You used to park in a big field outside of town and walk over to the main street. It also now costs $5 to park (motorcylces too!) and $5 to get in to the event.

As much as I'd like to ride around the delta, this would best be a "destination" ride in my opinion. More of a social outing than a formal ride. I would really recommend that we plan to spend a few hours there, walking around and enjoying the festivities. Otherwise, it's kind of a waste to pay to park and attend.

If we still need a planner/leader, I think I can be cajoled into planning a ride. I need to check with my wife as we had planned on going anyway, at Bonnie's suggestion last week. I'd need to know who's going - where they are coming from - to plan accordingly. And, I need to hear from folks what they would like to do.

There will be some cajun/zydeco/blues bands live that my wife and I like to listen to. Does anyone like to dance (besides Gene and Janet) ? They'll have dance floors in front of the music stages.

I might bite a few heads and suck a few tails, but the beer to wash it down with will have to wait until I get home.

I don't know about this new sight yet. It will take some getting used to.

Tom H., Burgie 650
Antioch, CA
Tom H
Tom H

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by scottj1119 Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:44 am

I'm still on for this ride. I'll be coming from Tracy and it will be fine to just have it be a destination ride. If so, what time and where should we meet up?

Anyone interested in riding up from the Tracy area?
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollingbones Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:08 am

Hi,
Though new to this forum (or mainly CVMR), I've been posting on BurgmanUSA for some time now. Anywho, I'd like to join this event. My wife and I will be coming up from Sacramento. If anyone else from the Big Tomato is interested, let me know and we can ride together. Looking forward to meeting more Scooterist!!!

Last edited by Rollingbones on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add signature)
Rollingbones
Rollingbones

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

TOPIC LOCKED !!!  USE THE ABOVE TOPIC FOR Crawdad Festival Empty Aw Shucks

Post by David Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:28 pm

No I've been looking forward to this Isleton ride for ages. I just found out that I have to work on the 14th. Crying or Very sad Sad
David
David

Number of posts : 50

http://srdavid.blogspot.com  www.emerging-images.com

Back to top Go down

TOPIC LOCKED !!!  USE THE ABOVE TOPIC FOR Crawdad Festival Empty Time and Place proposal

Post by scottj1119 Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:07 pm

Here's a proposal for a place and time. The festival runs from 10:00 to 10:00 on Saturday. Since we thought about this as a "destination" type instead of an organized ride, let's all try to meet at noon at the Del Rio Hotel on main street. Thoughts?
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scottj1119 Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Sorry to hear that. Hope to meet you F2F on a ride soon!

David wrote:No I've been looking forward to this Isleton ride for ages. I just found out that I have to work on the 14th. Crying or Very sad Sad
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down