Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2007 clutch warranty issue

2 posters

Go down

2007 clutch warranty issue Empty 2007 clutch warranty issue

Post by Greg470 Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:37 pm

Have a 2007 Burgy 400 with the 3 finger clutch issue that seems to be very prevalent. The worst situation is trying to re-engage the clutch when the bike is at slow roll and don't come to a complete stop. Definite skipping/chugging/squealing going on...took it to the best local dealer and they agreed there was a problem but the West Coast technical service guy is a hard case and will not approve any work. Bike was bought used in July 2008 with only 220 miles on it and has only 1800 total miles on it now. Previous owner was an older mechanic for a major airlines and never took it on the highway so it definitely was not abused. I had the clutch "deglazed" right after I bought it and it did help for a while but the problem still exists. There is an upgrade to the 5 finger 2008 clutch but again the West Coast tech manager will not stand behind the product since the one year warranty expired before I bought it...Has anybody been through this same drill and had any luck with any other contacts at Suzuki? I have posted on the Burgmanusa site as well.

Greg470

My Ride: Burgman 400
Year model: 2007
Purchase date: 03 Jul 2008
Current mileage: 1800
Private messageE-mail
Greg470
Greg470

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

2007 clutch warranty issue Empty Re: 2007 clutch warranty issue

Post by JeffR Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:33 pm

Greg,

It seems so many people on the BUSA site got so upset that they just replaced their clutch with the Malossi clutch. You may want to go to corporate and see what happens. I'm sure that the BUSA group can give you better advise due to experience. Good luck.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down