Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Blue Butt Rally" in Reno, NV

2 posters

Go down

"Blue Butt Rally" in Reno, NV Empty "Blue Butt Rally" in Reno, NV

Post by CaptJohn Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:38 pm

If you'd like to join me for the "Blue Butt Rally" in Reno, NV; send me an email and I'll send you a flyer and registration form via return email. I've been doing this ride for 4 years, but this will be the 1st time on a scooter (I'll be riding my Aprilia Atlantic 500 for this ride). Though the rally takes place on Saturday, the 16th, I'll be riding up on Friday, the 14th, and staying overnight Friday and Saturday at the host hotel, the Reno Peppermill.

As always, I'll be doing the 250 miler, but if you like, you can sign up for the 500 miler, too. Registration runs $50, and includes a t-shirt and plaque for all finishers. This is a great time for a good cause, and an opportunity to relax and enjoy Reno! Email me if you're interested in joininig me, and I'll email you back with the paperwork!
CaptJohn
CaptJohn

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://www.firstgiving.com/CaptJohn

Back to top Go down

"Blue Butt Rally" in Reno, NV Empty Re: "Blue Butt Rally" in Reno, NV

Post by CaptJohn Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:42 pm

It was great meeting "Rollingbones" and his wife, Sandy, this last weekend. Bonnie and I met them in Stockton on Friday, and from there we attacked Ebbetts Pass. Bonnie was riding her X9, I had my AA500 and Rollingbones rodes his custom Burgman Executive. I'll ellyou the Burgman really has the power at altitude, but we were able to stay in the hunt. We had lunch in Markleville, and then headed to Reno for the "Rider's Meeting". After that meeting we headed across the street to the "Ruby River Steakhouse" for dinner and laughs. I think we all had an enjoyable evening.

Saturday saw us having donuts and coffee at 6:15 a.m. We picked up our instructions for the 250 miler at 6:45 and were on the road by 7:00 a.m. Rollingbones and his wife lead the way, and did one heck of a job navigating the, often times, confusing course. The ride itself guided us through some of the most beautiful country I've been priveledged to ride.

After we collected our goodies from Rally, Bonnie & I said good night to "Rollingbones" and Sandy. On Sunday morning, they were taking the more direct route home to Sacramento, while Bonnie and I took the "Long way Around" via the Carson Pass and Hwy 88. We made a brief stop in Markleville (Ask Bonnie why?) and then it was back on the road. We left Reno at about 8:45 a.m., and I arrived home, in Walnut Creek, at about 2:45 p.m.

I, for one, had a great time at this event (This was the 5th time I've participated in the "Blue Butt"). I hope next year more of us will opt to participate, but in any case, I'll be there! I've left a link to a few photos that I took:

http://bamr.heavenforum.org/gallery/Personal-album-of-CaptJohn/Personal-album-of-CaptJohn-cat_c7.htm?user_id=3
CaptJohn
CaptJohn

Number of posts : 104

http://www.firstgiving.com/CaptJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:17 pm

John,

Thanks for the ride recap. Sounds like all of you had a nice time. Glad to hear everyone made it home safely.

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down