Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hosting location

5 posters

Go down

Hosting location Empty Hosting location

Post by scottj1119 Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:19 pm

After trying for months to see if this new format and location would work well for our group, from the feedback, it seems that it doesn't.

So, in order to satisfy the requests and encourage more online participation, the old yahoo groups site has been re-opened for posting. To find it, go to groups.yahoo.com and search for BayAreaMaxiRiders.

This site will still remain up for a while to allow people time to move back to the Yahoo Groups location.

Hope that this works better for all!

Scott & Jeff
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Hosting location Empty Re: Hosting location

Post by Kevin Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:54 pm

Ahh, that's too bad. I really liked the new site–even though I didn't always contribute to the discussions as much as others. I think the new site requires a little more technical prowess, but its modular design allowed me to go straight to a specific discussion (as opposed to scanning through dozens of posts that may not be related to the topic in which I'm participating).

I'll survive, though! :-)

Kevin
Salinas, CA
Kevin
Kevin

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptJohn Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:12 pm

I, for one, will welcome the YahooGroups community, where all subjects are discussed and visible at a glance in one location. This site was very detailed, but a little difficult to keep up with current events UNLESS you used the "7 Day Posts" window.
CaptJohn
CaptJohn

Number of posts : 104

http://www.firstgiving.com/CaptJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:24 am

John,

That is why we put the "7 day post" here. It does the exact thing that the Yahoo group does. List all messages in the order of the "last message on the top". But if that is what most of the group like then we will use the Yahoo group. Both have their pro's and con's and like Kevin said, this format is much more modular. The Yahoo requires more searching to find an older topic.

Ride safe,

JeffR
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom H Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:17 am

Kevin:

Hopefully your browser can "thread" messages. My Firefox browser does this well, as did Netscape. My Outlook mail client at work is not as good in that regards.

The threading feature creates a "forum" for you, based on the title in the subject line and any responses. It makes it easy to follow and track or ignore and delete as the case may be. And, it's easy to scroll through the responses in order received.
Tom H
Tom H

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum