Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi all from Wasco, California

5 posters

Go down

Hi all from Wasco, California Empty Hi all from Wasco, California

Post by Cal Fields Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:06 pm

Cal Fields here, from Wasco (about 30 miles NW of Bakersfield). I just purchased a new Burgman 650 (07), and I am lovin' it! I have been browsing the thousands of postings on the Burgman USA site, and someone from this site (Mike) recommended that I check in with you guys to see who is riding in my area (central valley).

I am a psychology student (research, not therapy), in graduate school at CSU Bakersfield. During the summer I work as a volunteer for the US Forest Service. I generally work in the Giant Sequoia National Monument, Sequoia National Forest, and Sierra National Forest. I know a lot of great roads for those who are interested in taking a stroll through the woods.

I am married, and my wife is still a little nervous about the bike. I tell her, "it's just a scooter," and she says, "yeah, right." She feels more comfortable in a cage, but she has ridden with me a few times, and I think she will lose her nervousness and enjoy the rides. Either that or she will buy her own; she is fiercly independent.

I look forward to going on some rides with you guys (and gals too!)

Cal

Cal Fields

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Back to top Go down

Hi all from Wasco, California Empty Re: Hi all from Wasco, California

Post by Block588 Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:57 pm

Hi Cal, it is good to see you love the Burg, My wife is the same as yours by the sound of it, but Mine is yet to ride with me. I'm told she will one day! So I'm not waiting, I just go out and ride it is great! So just go out and have fun!

Pete "Block"
"Follow the Sapper!!!"
MP3 250

Block588

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by scottj1119 Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:45 pm

Welcome Cal!

I'm up in the Tracy area, so not too far away. In the south end, we have other members in Tracy and Dublin also. So, we'll have to hook up and ride soon!

What color is your new ride? Any pics? You can post pics in the Gallery and it would be great to see your new ride.

In September, we are currently planning a ride in the foothills from Stockton to San Andreas and back. We don't have a date yet, but it should be a fun ride and hope you can join us.

Have fun and ride safe!

Scott
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:23 pm

Hi Cal,

Welcome to the group! I'm in Salinas so we'll have to plan on meeting up and riding together on a future Bay Area trip.

Kevin
Salinas, CA
Kevin
Kevin

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfart@36 Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:04 pm

Hi Cal,

Welcome to the group and I look forward to seeing you on some rides.

Mike
oldfart@36
oldfart@36

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Cal Fields Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:26 pm

Thanks all, for your kind welcome.

I look forward to riding with you on the San Andreas trip. I start school on September 15, so hopefully the ride will take place on a weekend.

My 'scoot is a white 2007 K7. I just had the first 600-mile service done today, and unfortunately I am having problems with the ECM, which is currently under recall for all 07 650s. Many haven't experienced any problems, but at 200 miles my idle speed jumped to 1750. This has caused rough downshifting when coming to a stop. The bike accelerates normally but lurches considerably when slowing down. I got the bike from Fred Cummings Motorsports in Bakersfield, and their service department has been great so far. The ECM (and also throttle bodies, I believe) are on order and they will call me when the part(s) come in. Suzuki covers this at no charge because of the recall. The bike is driveable but I have to be careful with throttle imputs.

Again, thanks for welcoming me to your group. Oh, I am in college, on Phd track for psychologist. I am a reasearcher and am not even vaguely interested in becoming a marriage and family therapist, licensed clinical social worker, or anything else in the social work field. My friends all agree that it's best that I work with rats. As a therapist I would be way too honest with clients. Way too many pills being prescribed and not enough advice being given to enjoy hobbies, etc.--like motorcycle/scooter riding. I hope you all appreciate a dry sense of humor!

Cal
Livin' large in Wasco

Cal

Cal Fields

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down