Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shipping Costs

3 posters

Go down

Shipping Costs Empty Shipping Costs

Post by Tom H Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:56 pm

Well, I finally sat down and entered my order for OEM Suzuki parts for Oneida Suzuki today. I've been carrying around a list for two weeks while I racked my brain to be sure I was getting everything I could think of because of shipping costs and the time it takes to for arrival. I tend to put single, large orders together and get it all once.

When I went to check out I was a little shocked when the shipping costs, on a 9 part order, with nothing bigger than a bread basket were showing well over $100. The total parts were only $175 or so. A little checking had me realizing that Oneida's default was two day, UPS express so I changed it to regular ground service. Shipping was still $42 or about 25%. This seemed a tad high to me.

So, went over to Ronayers where the parts are about 25% higher and guess what, the shipping was only slightly less.

Then I remembered that the Suzuki dealer out here charged me $6 for a fender bolt last time and I was only paying $0.75 to Oneida for similar bolts in this order. And, I have to pay 8.25% sales tax with a local purchase while my out-of-state purchase would require that I pay 8.25% use tax at year end, when I file my state income taxes. Yeah, sure.

So my order went off to Oneida and I went over to the Two Wheel Touring website and got some parts for my Givi top case right away. I guess shipping costs have risen dramatically with fuel costs like everything else. At this rate, come Christmastime, I can just stop living!

Maybe next weekend, I'll get all these parts installed and I can ride again. I only hope my throttle sleeve order is correct. I got the cross reference from the Burgman USA site because there is no throttle sleeve ("throttle grip" according to Suzuki diagrams and I only hope that it is the actual throttle sleeve) listed in the Burgman parts list. Without a functional throttle, I'm dead in the water... or dead on the pavement the way it works when it's broken.
Tom H
Tom H

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Shipping Costs Empty question

Post by gtrlarry Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:10 pm

Hey Tom,

How was your ride home from the Skyline Blvd ride (we split up after Dumbarton Bridge) ? I thought I was going to get blown off my scoot , me and the scoot were tilting right, then left. Was it as windy for you? My bike is about 425 lbs plus my weight, 175...maybe that's why, I don't know. It was as bad or worse than our jaunt over the 160 Antioch bridge. What do you think? take care....Larry
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Shipping Costs Empty Re: Shipping Costs

Post by JeffR Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:50 pm

Larry,

Is this the Dunbarton or the San Mateo bridge you are talking about? I have been over the San Mateo on all 3 of my scooters, Reflex, Majesty, and my current Silver Wing, and the bigger you go the better it takes the wind. There were a couple of times with the Reflex I really thought I was going to go over the edge. The Majesty was much better and the Silver Wing is even better. But I still have went over the bridge in very windy conditions and felt the bike lean too. If you ever decide to go bigger (heavier) you will notice the wind doesn't effect it as much.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrlarry Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:10 pm

Hi Jeff...this was the dumbarton bridge, going home from the Santa Cruz ride. Yeah, it makes sense that the bigger or heavier, the less it gets pushed around...thx!
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum