Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defective blinkers

3 posters

Go down

Defective blinkers Empty Defective blinkers

Post by gtrlarry Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:04 pm

Kevin-I took my scoot in today and got the blinkers fixed. They implanted a memory chip...not on the bike, in my head so I won't forget to turn the little suckers off! heheheh....It drives me crazy when people leave their blinkers on for days....Now I find I'm one of them....arrggghhh! I can hardly see if they are on or off even when looking at them on the dash! The lights for them are very dim, not much good except at night...and I certainly can't hear them clicking coz my bike is so noisy...I try to always hit the off button every once in awhile just in case I did leave them on..but yesterday, no excuses-I'm guilty-probably having too much fun I guess. I will watch for that from now on!

Tom! Could you believe the wind on the Dumbarton bridge? It was comparable to the 160 Antioch bridge or worse...don't you think? Could you see my bike dancing in the wind? My heart was dancing too.heheh! Hope you had a good trip home. I'm with you, if I'm not in a hurry, I like to take the back roads anytime and everytime as it makes me slow down and smell the roses...know what I mean? Take care....
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Defective blinkers Empty Re: Defective blinkers

Post by llrdhsktr Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:14 pm

The big plus feature for the Kymco's are the audible turn signals. I thought I heard yours going off during the ride? Did they go kaput during the day? I know you can retro fit some from Radioshack, and I must may do that later. Nice meeting you and everyone else yesterday! cheers
llrdhsktr
llrdhsktr

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrlarry Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:20 pm

This Kymco has never had audible blinkers, except a little bitty click, click you can hear if there is no other extraineous noise. Either this model doesn't have that feature, or that feature is defective on it. I will try to check it out online and ask at Tracy Motorsports too. Plus my hearing isn't as good as it once was as I used to play alot of rock and roll with Marshall stacks...very loud....now I play mostly jazz and blues...not so loud :-) anyway, I'll let you know what I come up with.....thx...Larry
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Back to top Go down

Post by llrdhsktr Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:13 pm

The clicking is the audible turn signals I was referring to. I've ridden both your model and the larger 500 series and they both have them. I was able to hear them pretty easily on both bikes.
llrdhsktr
llrdhsktr

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrlarry Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:32 pm

What I mean is, this Kymco has never had very loud blinkers...it's always been very hard to hear them (with my helmet on). I can barely hear them in the garage with the garage door closed. They are just not very loud..at least on this bike. Plus like I said, there are certain frequencies that I don't hear too well anymore because of playing Hendrix and Cream songs on my guitar in a band for so many years. Now jazz and blues are loud enough for me..heheheh. Someone with normal hearing (better than mine) would probably hear them alot better....
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:24 am

But that's true for other scoots as well. Jac Vinson sells a turn signal beeper at http://www.rvtoys.net/motormate_002.htm . It's a good product. Jac is, I think, a Burgman rider.

I "designed" and built my own for <$10. The instructions are easy. But they do require soldering four points. Soldering, I've been informed, is getting to be a lost art, but very easy to do. Five parts easily purchased at your local Radio Shack.Defective blinkers Turnsi11
David
David

Number of posts : 50

http://srdavid.blogspot.com  www.emerging-images.com

Back to top Go down

Defective blinkers Empty Defective Blinkers Update!

Post by gtrlarry Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:06 pm

Yesss...Yesterday I finally figured out what's going on with my blinkers, as this didn't happen before. Thank goodness it's not my ears...The button to turn off the blinkers was sticking at mid-point. I'm always pushing it to make sure my blinkers are off...but lately, when I push it in, it goes half way then stops dead, so I think I've turned them off. I shot some WD-40 on there and now it goes all the way down like it's supposed to...and they go off like they're supposed to. So the mystery is solved....
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum