Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police motorcycle competition in Oakland...

Go down

Police motorcycle competition in Oakland... Empty Police motorcycle competition in Oakland...

Post by llrdhsktr Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:14 pm

If you didn't go, you missed out some amazing bike handling! I've only seen this on video before and to see it live was a treat! Several California police motorcycle forces were in attendance, Oakland, being the largest contingent. SFPD, Hayward, San Leandro, Sacramento, Rancho Cordova and others were duking it out for best times on a tight course. Since it was in my own backyard, it was also great to see officers I knew. Harleys, BMW and Honda's were scored in their own catagories due to unique performance characteristics for each bike. I couldn't believe how leaned over those BMW and Honda's could go plus their speed. One of the best riders was on a Harley and he scraped his pipes on both sides on every turn and turned in times comparable to the more agile and faster BMW's and Honda's! I couldn't stay for the whole thing, but what I saw was VERY impressive. The local Harley dealer also had clothing, boots and accessories for sale. If you're a HD fan, you would of been in hog heaven...food vendors, bike communication, law enforcement vendors and Lo Jack were there also. Didn't see any scooters where I parked when I left scratch
llrdhsktr
llrdhsktr

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down