Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Piaggio X9 oil filter

2 posters

Go down

Piaggio X9 oil filter Empty Piaggio X9 oil filter

Post by Bonnie Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:37 pm

Dave, What oil filter do you use on your Piaggio? As I am sure you have discovered, service & parts manuals are not available for the US versions. I am going to start doing all the minor work on it myself. There is no mechanic nearby that will work on my X9.
Hope you caught lots of fish,
Bonnie
Bonnie
Bonnie

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Piaggio X9 oil filter Empty Piaggio Oil Filters

Post by Dave E Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Hi Bonnie,

I'm still out of town, extended R&R so to speak. I will be back in the Bay Area just after the 4th. As for filters - couldn't tell you off hand the exact number, as I've picked them up at various times and places. I notice ScooterTrap.com has a bigger selection than they used to (for both the BV500 and the X9) as well as lots of other goodies. I've bought from them in the past and recommend them. Otherwise, any Piaggio (i.e. "Vespa") dealer can get them for you. When I bought my first Piaggio I took it to RockRidgeTwoWheels for service - good mechanic, great shop manager. Things have changed since then, and I've tried to evolve. Now I take it to a local motorcycle mechanic here in Marin for everything other than the basics. I'll check my spare filter when I get home and report back to you.

Hope to see you and the rest of the BAMRs soon. --Dave
Dave E
Dave E

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down