Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need advice on Burgman tires!

5 posters

Go down

Need advice on Burgman tires! Empty Need advice on Burgman tires!

Post by ScooterPhile Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:48 pm

It's time to get Ingrid new shoes! Last time, I simply replaced her original tires with more of the same--Bridgestone OEM. They seem fine and have worn well for about 7K miles, but what do I know? Does anyone have a better suggestion--or have you had a better experience with other tires? Ingrid is a 400. I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Thanks,

Karryll

ScooterPhile

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Need advice on Burgman tires! Empty If it ain't broke...

Post by scottj1119 Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:56 pm

Karryll,

If you got 7K miles out of them, that's pretty good mileage. Also, if you are happy with the way that they work for you as far as traction, ride softness, etc.. if it ain't broke, don't worry too much about fixing it.

I replaced my rear tire at about 6,500 miles with a new Bridgestone Battleax and it works well for me and easy to do. However, I would like to get more mileage out of my rear tire and I have bought a new Michelin Pilot Sport Radial for my next rear tire replacement. I read a lot about tire recommendations over on burgmanusa.com and you'll get a lot of info and opinions from there.

Scott
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Need advice on Burgman tires! Empty Burgman tires.

Post by ScooterPhile Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:40 pm

Thanks, Scott. I talked with Bonnie, too, who steered me to Motorcycle Superstore, which is great. Big selection, no tax and free shipping! I finally decided to try the Pirelli GTS 23/24, which are already on their way to me. Will let you know how they work out.

Karryll

ScooterPhile

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Need advice on Burgman tires! Empty Re: Need advice on Burgman tires!

Post by scottj1119 Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:32 pm

You're welcome, no problem.

Yeah, I got my new Michelin from Motorcycle Superstore. They had it in stock and ya can't beat the free shipping. Just got it today, it only took three days shipping.
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Number of posts : 162

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptJohn Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:40 pm

I've always had a lot of luck with "American Motorcycle Tire" for my tires. I ran a Pirelli Diablo on the rear and a pair of Pirelli GTS23's on the front of my MP3. At the time, no one could beat their prices. Here's a link to their site:

http://www.americanmototire.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4256
CaptJohn
CaptJohn

Number of posts : 104

http://www.firstgiving.com/CaptJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom H Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:29 am

Karryll:

I've followed a few threads about tires for the 650. The overall concensus seemed to be that the OEM Bridgestones provided the best balance between performance and durability. The Pirellis were oft rated higher in performance but mentioned as not lasting long.

At the SM Motorcycle show last year I picked up some info from a vendor on Avons that fit the Burgman. I've read about them on forums but they were only available "across the pond" at that time. Or, at least that's what they seemed to be.

My 650 still has the OEM Bridgestones and 16,000 miles. Although, the rear tire may have been replaced before I bought it (8,000 miles). That says a lot about their durability.
Tom H
Tom H

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by llrdhsktr Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:52 am

Karryll: I've heard good things about the grip on the Pirelli models, and also that their longevity may not be up to the other brands. That's often the case with tires with good grip. They're softer as a result and wear down faster, especially if you drive them hard. Your original Bridgestones, are they the Hoops? I don't know if those are the same as OEM's. The Hoops are supposed to be a really good tire. When the time comes, I will probably go to the Hoops or Pirelli for my next tires.
llrdhsktr
llrdhsktr

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down