Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Email Notification

Go down

Email Notification Empty Email Notification

Post by JeffR Sun May 25, 2008 11:58 am

Hi all,

I set myself up with another account as "jcr" to see what members see and can do. I made a post in the "Introductions" section as "jcr" and then went back in as "JeffR" to see if "jcr" would get an email to see if "jcr" would get an email notification. It did work. So now I know that if you make a post and others respond to it that you can get an email response. So now I need to work on getting email responses to all posts.

When you make a post you can go down a bit further and click on the email notification box. This will ensure that you do get an email notification to your posts. I will keep working on this though. You can also go to your "profiles" and set your account up to always get an email to your posts or reply's.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Email Notification Empty Re: Email Notification

Post by JeffR Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:17 pm

Hi,

I think there is a way to get notification of posts on this site. I just found out, and it worked with Bonnie's latest posts. If you open a Forum/Topic such as the "General Discussion" Topic and then scroll down you will see a phrase that says "start watching forum". Click on that and it then turns into "stop watching forum". When you click on the "start watching forum" you will start to get emails. But you will need to go to your "Profile", in the upper part of the forum (you must be logged in to do this), and then go to "Preferences" and make sure you have your email notification on "yes". When you do this you will/should start to get emails when others post. I will put the instructions below in an easier format to use/read.

The first thing you must do is:

1) Log In
2) Go to the "Profile" at the top of the forum.
3) Click on "Profile"
4) Click on "Preferences"
5) There are 2 lines that you must click on "Yes" they are:
a) Always notify me of replies &
b) Notify me by email if someone reports a post
6) Make sure have done this in your "Profiles"

The second thing you must do is:

1) Open up a topic; such as the "General Discussion" topic
2) Scroll to the bottom and you will see the phrase "start watching topic"
3) Click on this phrase; when you do it will turn to "stop watching topic"
4) When you do this you will start receiving emails for the "General Discussion" topics
5) You must do this for all of the topics, both the Main folders and the sub folders
6) Once you do this you should start getting email notification
7) If you dont' receive the notifications then check your "spam" folder. You may need to check to ensure that this replies/posts are not going to your spam folder.

It may take a few minutes to do this to all of the folders but once you do it you won't have to do it again. It worked for me when Bonnie just made a couple of posts. If you have any questions please come back to me or Scott.

Thanks,
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down