Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calendear How to's and Feature's

Go down

Calendear How to's and Feature's Empty Calendear How to's and Feature's

Post by JeffR Sun May 25, 2008 11:31 am

Hi,

I have the Calendar set up to enable those to post a date in the calendar which will be linked to the Calendar room. When you put your ride/event in the Calendar you will be able to clink on that event, in the Calendar, and it will take you to a post where you can include links and all the information you need to include. This is better than the Yahoo Calendar since you can just click on the event, in the calendar, and then see all of the information that pertains to the ride. The Yahoo calendar just showed the date and ride times and not the links, maps, etc. So this is more like a "One Stop Shop" feature.

How to post a date in the Calender:

1) Click on the "Calendar" link at the top of the Forum.
2) When the Calendar opens you can scroll to the month that you would like to post a ride/event in.
3) Go to the bottom of the Calender and you will see an "Add an Event" link.
4) Click on the "Add an Event" link and it will take you to a "Post" page, just like what you are looking at right now.
5) Make your post just like any post and then scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see a "Calendar Event" with drop down menu's. Fill out these drop down menu's with the date of your ride/event and then go up a little and hit the "Send" button.
6) This new post will be linked to the Calendar. So if you go to my June 14th date and click on the event you will see it will automatically take you to the post, for this Crawdad Festival, that includes all the information that is needed. I also included a Yahoo map link, a long URL and a "tiny" URL that gives a map from the Fremont area, through Brentwood and then unto Isleton. The Yahoo calendar didn't do this so this seems to be a simpler way of adding events to this site.

Using the www.tinyurl.com link to make long url's shorter:

If you do include links that are quite long, like on the June 14th date, you can use the www.tinyurl.com link to make them smaler.

You can also post links in the posts just like you can on any site or forum.

I will continue to add to this post as i find easier ways to use the calendar feature. I also hope that if anyone else finds easier methods of using the Calendar features you will notify me so I can include them.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum