Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

August Ride

+4
Kevin
Bonnie
scottj1119
gtrlarry
8 posters

Go down

August Ride Empty August Ride

Post by gtrlarry Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:17 am

Since we had to cancel the June ride ( San Andreas foothills ) maybe we can try once again this month. Anywhere up there is good scenery...Sonora, Jamestown, Angels Camp, Jackson, San Andreas...some nice lakes up there...Any ideas? Should we start a poll to see where we should go next month, or is it too early? Never too early to start thinking about it anyway.....If it seems too far for most, maybe the Central Valley riders would be interested??? Would like to hear from all y'all.....
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

August Ride Empty Re: August Ride

Post by scottj1119 Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:29 am

Larry,

I was just thinking about that also. I'll volunteer to lead the previous Stockton-San Andreas loop route ( Railroad Flats loop around San Andreas ) as an August ride, if people are interested.

Scott
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrlarry Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:36 am

That sounds like a plan to me Scott. Let's see if we can get more riders on board for this! Do we need to start a poll for this, or just see who wants to go?
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonnie Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:43 am

Hi all,
This does sound like a good ride but maybe we should plan a ride that will be closer for the North Bay folks. If the weather is hot next month (and it probably will be) a ride near the coast might be nice. Also, it will be good to see some of the Marin riders that haven't made the recent rides.
Bonnie
Bonnie
Bonnie

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrlarry Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:24 pm

We're doing a coastal ride next weekend. I'm coming from Tracy, so the Marin riders could make this one too if they like. It is going to be a great ride thru the San Mateo and Santa Cruz mountains, then back up the coast on hwy 1 to Alice's restaurant! Wasn't there a north coast ride a couple months ago? I missed that one...and the north coast is a lot different from the coast from Santa Cruz to Half Moon Bay....I would like to go on the next north coast ride myself...The San Andreas ride was a planned ride that got cancelled before. It could be a nice ride for the Central Valley riders, close for us...maybe we could do two rides next month, after all, it is summer, right?? Maybe make it a Sunday ride even, who knows?
This way, once in a while, there is a ride closer for the Central Valley riders, and there will also be rides that are close for the Bay Area riders too...and the more rides we have, the more everyone will have a ride that is closer to home...so maybe we could plan rides more often? I don't know, maybe once a month is plenty, but we could have more choices too.....what does everyone think? Leave a response and let us know what you think, ok? Thanks for your time....
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:19 pm

I say we follow in the footsteps of James and plan a "Tahoe Overnighter" ride. If we get more than six or seven participants, we'd likely qualify for a group discount at one of the hotels/inns. Maybe this would best be answered with a poll?

Kevin
Modesto, CA
Kevin
Kevin

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:32 pm

I'm looking to go through S. Lake Tahoe to Carson City to visit friends overnight. Sept would be ok, but August would be fine too. Haven't connected with my friends but when I do, I will announce the plans so others could join me.
David
David
David

Number of posts : 50

http://srdavid.blogspot.com  www.emerging-images.com

Back to top Go down

Post by silverwilly Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:31 pm

All, I would be interested in this ride or even an overnighter to Tahoe would be great. Since buying the Swing I havent gone on a ride..just a ride.
Mostly its been the everyday commuting.
I was also interested in the Santa Cruz ride this weekend, I was unable to make it as something in my schedule came up.
I will monitor this site for more information regarding the rides.
Thanks all
Will
silverwilly
silverwilly

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:04 pm

I'm down in Mexico at the moment, but as I firm up something I will put it out there. I'll try to get a couple dates from my friends--though we can go even if I don't get with them; as long as we don't do a laser shot down I-5. I do think that was the most boring afternoon of the last two years.
David
David

Number of posts : 50

http://srdavid.blogspot.com  www.emerging-images.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptJohn Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:56 am

I handed out a bunch of information packets for the Annual Blue Butt Rally in Reno, NV, which will take place on Saturday, 08/15/08. If you're interested in going, make your reservations at the Peppermill (host hotel) and get your registration form mailed in, to avoid the deadline for higher reg fees.

A couple of us will be riding up to Reno together on Friday, August 15th. We'll attend the mandatory riders meeting at 7:15 p.m., and then head to dinner, across the street from the hotel, at the "Ruby River Steak House".

On Friday, we're planning on taking the long way to Reno. We'll leave Walnut Creek at 10:00 a.m., and ride Hwy 4 over Ebbets Pass into Markleville for lunch. That'll probably put us at the Peppermill at about 3-4 p.m. On Sunday, my plans are to return home over the Carson Pass and on Hwy 88 to Hwy 12 to Hwy 160 to Hwy 4 to home.

I've already registered to do the 250 mile ride on Saturday morning, and plan on starting at about 7:00 a.m. If you'd like to ride the 500 miler, feel free to sign-up for it, but 250 miles is just perfect for me.

If you'd like to join us, email or pm me!
CaptJohn
CaptJohn

Number of posts : 104

http://www.firstgiving.com/CaptJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollingbones Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:30 pm

I sent in my registration and have reservations at the Peppermill. Sandy and I are making a 3 day gig out of it. I'm in the Sacto area. If anyone wants to hook up somewhere along the way, let me know!! Capt. J., I'll take a look at your route plan and see what might be workable for us. Maybe we can meet in Marleeville, or possibly 4 and 99 Cool !!
Rollingbones
Rollingbones

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by scottj1119 Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:04 am

This topic has been merged with the "August Ride" topic under the SF Bay Area rides. Please post all further responses to that thread to keep it all in one place.
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Number of posts : 162

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down