Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group Rally for our area

+2
gtrlarry
JeffR
6 posters

Go down

Group Rally for our area Empty Group Rally for our area

Post by JeffR Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:39 pm

Hi,

I was thinking, and posted this idea on the Yahoo site, about our group hosting a 2009 Rally. I think we have a lot to offer in this area with rides and the climate is great here. What do others think about this idea about hosting a Rally? I was thinking of the following ideas of what would need to be resolved/discussed:

1) The best place to have this rally in our area. Would we want it in the North Bay, South Bay, East Bay, Central Valley etc. We would need to think about the weather if we have it in the summer. If we can find a central location we can ride anywhere in all of our areas.

2) Think about a central location with hotels, meeting rooms, restaurants, or a place to rent to meet at night, i.e. large pizza place, VFW room, etc.

3) Good rides in the area, which there are so many this would be easy.

4) Getting the word out. Sites like www.maxi-scoots.com , www.burgmanusa.com, www.majestyusa.com, www.scootertrap.com etc.

5) If you saw my post on Group Cards, we would need to come up with a logo for our group so we can make/sell 2009 Rally T-shirts, hats, etc. There is a place called www.cafepress.com that can do this for us. As a matter of fact my wife, daughter, myself, and my Silver Wing is on the month of April for the www.maxi-scoots.com calendar. That would be a nice thing to do for our group anyway, make our own calendar for 2009.

This may sound ambitious but I think we could do this and have fun while doing it. I got some good responses the little I promoted it on other sites. And with a rally like this we should be able to get most of our members to all show up , at least once. So tell me what you think about this idea?

Thanks,
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Group Rally for our area Empty Re: Group Rally for our area

Post by gtrlarry Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:33 am

What a great idea! And, after all, this IS the San Francisco Bay Area, one of the most popular places in the world! I think we could get a HUGE rally going! Let me know what I can do.....
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrlarry Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:35 am

Maybe meet in the east bay which is a central place compared to the west bay , the valley, the north bay and south bay...what do you think?
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Number of posts : 120

Back to top Go down

Group Rally for our area Empty rally

Post by oldfart@36 Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:58 am

Let me know what I can do to help.

Mike
oldfart@36
oldfart@36

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by scottj1119 Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:10 am

I like this idea, also.

It seems to me like the East Bay, maybe Oakland area, would be very central for people to reach and allow a lot of options for rides in whichever direction one chooses.

If you're looking for volunteers, I'll volunteer to take care of #3 and #4.

Scott
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:14 pm

gtrlarry wrote:Maybe meet in the east bay which is a central place compared to the west bay , the valley, the north bay and south bay...what do you think?

Ok Larry, you bring the pizza, beer, and entertainment. Razz I think we could pull this off with some work and I'm really surprised it hasn't really happened at all. We have enough members just in our group, if all showed up, to have our own big rally. But there are many others who would ride up. The first year may not be so big but we could learn from it and make it better. I'm going to ask friends who own a pizza place what would be needed to get a room from them, just for some information. This is the same place that the group "Curves" has their monthly meeting. It is called Pizza Patio and they are going to be moving to a bigger place with a lot of parking. Not that this would be the place but they could probably give me some good info. Thanks for the interest so far.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptJohn Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:23 am

Hi Jeff:

I'm sorry I joined the party a little late, but I'd recommend using Walnut Creek or Dublin/Pleasanton as your central rally point, because in those two areas you have the crossing of two major freeways, and thus easy access.

Though the City of Oakland is very centrally located, there are many folks from outside the Bay Area and State that are afraid of the reputation of violence in the Cities of Oakland, Richmond and Bay Point, CA.

Like everyone that has responded to your query about a maxi-scooter rally in '09, I do believe the event will draw riders from at least adjacent States. Getting vendors and scooter companies to attend would be a major coup and a real draw! I know Kymco is trying to attend as many motorcycle/scooter events as possible to get their brand recognized. There are probably dealerships that would like to join-in, too!

At any rate, keep the dream alive. If not next year, shoot for 2010! It would be a bad idea to attend a rally or two and talk to the organizers as to the pitfalls and needs of scheduling a rally.

That my $.02!
CaptJohn
CaptJohn

Number of posts : 104

http://www.firstgiving.com/CaptJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteknuckler Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:26 pm

Just my 2 cents but think about Stockton.

There is a good priced La Quinta hotel off March Ln and I-5 with plenty of nice restaurants on site or nearby and gas.

Good location for rides east and west.
whiteknuckler
whiteknuckler

Number of posts : 16

http://www.reddingscootersociety.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down