Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brush with the Road

+3
scottj1119
JeffR
ScooterRob
7 posters

Go down

Brush with the Road Empty Brush with the Road

Post by ScooterRob Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:32 am

Well, it finall happened. The Silverwing and I had a run in with the pavement and the pavement won. I broke my leg and possibly my ankle. Will know more this morning. Luckily I as not going very fast. The front wheel just locked up. No warning. I was going along about 40 when "Bam" the front wheel was skidding. Ity skidded for about 40 feet when I couldn't hold it anymore and it threw me off face first. Thank goodness I asn't on the freeway. I don't know what caused the wheel to freeze. The bike is at Concord Motorsports and it will be a few days till I am up and abou. The good news is we are just about to move into our new home, so I get out of helping. I will not be going on any rides for a while.

Robert

ScooterRob

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Brush with the Road Empty Re: Brush with the Road

Post by JeffR Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:55 am

Robert,

That is reallys something. I hope it all turns out ok for you. I'm curious to what would cause the wheel to lock up too. It must have been a real jolt when this happened. Would have scared the crap out of me. Keep us informed and heal fast.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scottj1119 Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:04 pm

Robert,

Sorry to hear about that. I hope that you heal well and soon.

That must have been scary, it'll be interesting to see if they can id the failure.

Scott
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Number of posts : 162

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Brush with the Road Empty Sorry for this Robert

Post by David Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:22 pm

Wow. Too bad. That's a hard way to get out of work. A friend of mine, neophyte, broke his ankle soon after buying his Burg650 (and without much experience). He still hasn't been able to ride. Had to have big surgery. Hope you heal quickly and that you will be back with us on the road.

Please let us know what caused this.

David
David
David

Number of posts : 50

http://srdavid.blogspot.com  www.emerging-images.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptJohn Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:26 pm

JeffR wrote:Robert,

That is reallys something. I hope it all turns out ok for you. I'm curious to what would cause the wheel to lock up too. It must have been a real jolt when this happened. Would have scared the crap out of me. Keep us informed and heal fast.

I've had that happen to me on a motorcycle that I'd restored. It turned out that the bleed back hole in the master cylinder had rusted closed, causing the caliper to presurize on its own until it finally locked the front wheel. Like Robert, it launched me over the handlebars on my face--Thank God for full coverage helmets. I was able to release the locked front brake by opening the caliper bleed valve.
CaptJohn
CaptJohn

Number of posts : 104

http://www.firstgiving.com/CaptJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonnie Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:27 pm

Robert, I just read your post re you accident. I am so sorry to hear about that. You are fortunate that no one ran over you when you were down. We have talked about that problem.
If there is anything I can do to help (other than the move) LOL let me know. I live near Concord Motorsports and drop off my scooter and walk home. They have always done good work and the price never outrageous. Please keep us posted as to your diagnosis and progress. Bonnie
Bonnie
Bonnie

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by genes650 Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:00 am

Hi Robert,

Just learned about your mishap at the Ride For Kids event. Hope you both (you and bike) have a speedy recovery. In the meantime, rest easy and enjoy your new home.

Hope to see you soon,

Gene
genes650
genes650

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down