Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parking meters in my town...

2 posters

Go down

Parking meters in my town... Empty Parking meters in my town...

Post by llrdhsktr Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:17 pm

are being phased out for machines that dispense tags that display when your paid time is expired. These are supposed to be displayed on your dashboard, which is fine an dandy if you're driving a cage, but if you're on a bike there's no place to place these tags where they might be swiped and used by another unscrupulous driver for their own, cage or biker. I do not believe there is an aftermarket item that attaches to your bike windshield or dash that allows you to display these tags or parking passes securely.

I spoke with the local police and they had no suggestions other than somebody oughta make an accessory that addresses this problem and make some money. Until that happens, I have to look for spaces with the old fashioned meters. San Francisco has dedicated metered parking for bikes where money paid is assigned to specific bike spaces. Where I am, there is no assigned spaces where you pay your money to, just these stupid tags. The parking police don't take kindly to parking on the sidewalk downtown. What to do? Mad
llrdhsktr
llrdhsktr

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Parking meters in my town... Empty parking

Post by oldfart@36 Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:30 am

I just keep the tag with me in my pocket. If I get a ticket then I go down show them that I paid and argue that htere is no place to put the tag. And hope for the best.

Mike
oldfart@36
oldfart@36

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down