Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Go down

Messages Empty Messages

Post by Bonnie Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:52 am

Scott, for some reason I rarely get messages from this website. In my profile I have signed up for messages but so far, nothing. The notice of this ride - nothing, my question to you - yes. Can you help? Thanks, Bonnie
Bonnie
Bonnie

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Messages Empty Re: Messages

Post by Tom H Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:50 pm

Bonnie:

I'm not sure what you mean by "get messages". This website isn't a list like the old one where any email from a member is forwarded to all members either in digest format or individually. This is a forum where everything is posted and retained. We have to log in to see what is going on.

Having said that, Scott and Jeff have set up a the three, ride forums with all of us listed as moderators so that anytime something is posted there, we get a notification that there has been activity via email. You are probably getting these but since you don't get notice of every forum, you interpret the result as "rarely get messages".

Does this make sense?

The bottom line is: The only way this forum works is for us to log in and check out what has been posted. I am not in love with this system either but there are other advantages to it such as having the individual forums, the pictures and others like accessing it from any computer I happen to have available. What I have found useful is to log in, go to the home page, and use the "View Messages Since Last Visit" option in the upper left corner.
Tom H
Tom H

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonnie Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:56 pm

Thanks Tom for the explaination. Now it makes sense. I did however, like getting e-mails of new postings that our old site offered.

Bonnie
Bonnie
Bonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by scottj1119 Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:17 pm

One more update, I just checked the email forwarding list and Bonnie wasn't on it. So, I added Bonnie plus all our new members ( and Tom H also ).

I manage this list from my computer and this will forward all messages that get posted to the BAMR site to all of those on the list.

Please let me know if it's working for you.
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Number of posts : 162

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonnie Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:21 pm

Scott, If receiving an e-mail message telling me that this message was posted is an indication, I got the notice. I'll let you know how it seems to be working in a few days.
Thanks, Bonnie
Bonnie
Bonnie

Back to top Go down

Messages Empty Messages

Post by Bonnie Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:19 pm

Scott, I haven't received the newest messages that I found in the list of 7 day messages.
Thanks, Bonnie
Bonnie
Bonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by scottj1119 Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:39 pm

Thanks for letting me know. I had updated the distribution list, but the forwarding rule wasn't using the new, updated list. I've fixed it now.

If you receive an email of this message, then it should be working.
scottj1119
scottj1119
Admin

Number of posts : 162

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonnie Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:24 am

Scott, I got this message and will look forward to receiving new messages.
Thanks, Bonnie
Bonnie
Bonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down