Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easter Sierra Ride on the Weekend of 09/05-09/07/08

2 posters

Go down

Easter Sierra Ride on the Weekend of  09/05-09/07/08 Empty Easter Sierra Ride on the Weekend of 09/05-09/07/08

Post by CaptJohn Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:54 pm

Gene and I rode to the "Blue Knights" Eastern Sierra Memorial Event for one of our "departed chapter members", and stayed at the "Topaz Lake Lodge" in Gardnerville, NV. We rode over the Sonora Pass on Friday morning after enjoying breakfast in Jamestown. The ride went smooth, as we enjoyed some of the best weather and scenery to be had in Northeastern California. We arrived at Topaz Lake in mid-afternoon, and along with several Chapter members, we sampled the Seafood Buffet that evening.

On Saturday morning, our group rode over Monitor Pass, then through Markleville, back out to Hwy 88 and on to Carson City for a fabulous BBQ. After lunch several of us "hardy souls" rode East on Hwy 50 and then South on Hwy 95A to "Fort Churchill", where we toured the ruins of one of the last outposts of the Old West. From there we took a leisurely ride back to Topaz Lake for dinner, at the Prime Rib Buffet.

Sunday morning, Gene and I were up at the crack of dawn, ate breakfast and headed toward Carson Pass and the ride home. Dressed for the heat, we shuddered in the 50 degree temps until the air warmed up later in the morning. I hope you enjoy the link to the slideshow I've posted below for your entertainment:

https://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa145/jfredrik/Topaz%20Lake%20-%202008/?albumview=slideshow
CaptJohn
CaptJohn

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://www.firstgiving.com/CaptJohn

Back to top Go down

Easter Sierra Ride on the Weekend of  09/05-09/07/08 Empty Re: Easter Sierra Ride on the Weekend of 09/05-09/07/08

Post by gtrlarry Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:50 pm

Nice pics John....looks like it was a great ride with great weather! I'm jealous...heheh
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down