Hi-Viz Safety Vest

Go down

Hi-Viz Safety Vest

Post by Dave E on Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:47 pm

I know everyone tries to ride as safely and defensively as possible, wearing the proper gear (ATGATT), extra lighting, etc. I got to thinking about my different jackets and pants combos, and nowhere did I really find any kind of daytime visual attraction (like Hi-Viz type day-glo colors). Not wanting to invest in yet again another jacket, I found that a surveyors vest fits perfectly over any of my jackets, is a bright lime green, has reflective tape for night riding, and cost $20. I imagine many of you have already come up with an adequate solution, but for those that haven't, here is an affordable way to BE SEEN. And as an added bonus, if you're riding into town to see a movie, shop, go to dinner, etc., you don't have to continue glowing for everyone else, just leave the vest with your scooter and now you're blending in with the masses.

Anyway, thought it was pretty cool and wanted to share.

--Dave

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi-Viz Safety Vest

Post by scottj1119 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:42 pm

Yeah, I did the same thing. I bought my lime green vest in the safety aisle at Orchard Supply for about $12 also. I wear it all of the time now. When it wears out, I'll just get another one.
scottj1119
Admin

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-05-24

View user profile http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave E on Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:13 am

Scott,

Now that you mention it, I do remember you wearing vest over your jacket. Maybe that's where I got the idea. Well anyway, it's a good one, thanks.

--Dave

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Block588 on Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:32 pm

Same here in OZ! I Picked up a Yellow Safety vest and use is all ways at night and also during peek hours in & out! It's a case of what every you need to do, do it! when it comes to visability and our fellow motoriest

Pete "Block"

on the Sky Blue Piaggio MP3 250

"Follow The Sapper!"

Block588

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down