Bay Area Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lake Tahoe ride

5 posters

Go down

Lake Tahoe ride Empty Lake Tahoe ride

Post by just4cruzn Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:35 pm

This is my 1st ride to Lake Tahoe on the scooter and I sure picked a nice day to do it on (6-21-08 ). @ 1st I wasn't sure if I was actually gonna go and I was having a tough time picking a route, been there many times in a car and Hwy 50 is the best way to go, but I didn't just want to get there I wanted a route I've never taken b4 and so I took Carson Pass Nat'l Scenic Byway (Hwy 88 ) and it was just an awesome road! I'd highly recommend it for a group ride, awesome views as the road reaches 8000ft, lot's of vista's where you can take in all the sights and photo ops galore!
When I arrived @ Lake Tahoe there was a big bike show going on and they closed down the road near the Cal/Nev state line. A couple miles of traffic later and I was on the Nevada side and on my way around Lake Tahoe, a 72 I don't want it 2b over miles ride. On my way to Emerald Bay I experienced a 2 minute down pour Shocked on a perfectly sunny day sunny(look at the pix in the gallery) which caught me unprepared. It rained again on Hwy 50 on my way home for a few minutes only but the road was wet almost all the way to about 40 miles from Placerville.
The whole trip was 454 miles round trip and 2.6 gal of gas got me from Lake Tahoe to Vallejo 168 miles, I think?.
james
just4cruzn
just4cruzn

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Lake Tahoe ride Empty Re: Lake Tahoe ride

Post by Kevin Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:15 pm

James,

Sounds like you had a nice trip. I don't blame you for shying away from 50 on your way up. I've been told 88 is much better for cycles. One of these days, I'll have to make the trip up there on the Burgman.

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:42 pm

James,

It sounds like a great ride. I went up that way once, but not all the way, and it is beautiful. A very nice peaceful ride. It would be nice to do an overnighter as a group sometime.
JeffR
JeffR
Admin

Number of posts : 230

http://bamr.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gtrlarry Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:48 pm

Yeah, sounds like an awsome ride with a great view all the way!
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Number of posts : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:04 pm

JeffR wrote:It would be nice to do an overnighter as a group sometime.

Jeff,

This sounds worthy of a poll. Like you, I've considered the ride as well, but would only do so as an overnight trip--just like you mentioned. What do you think? August?

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptJohn Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:43 am

Hey guys and girls:

Take a look at my posting on the calender regarding the Blue Butt Rally on the weekend of August 16th. Anyone that goes will have a great time. As I mentioned on my posting, I'll be leaving for Reno on Friday, the 15th.

I'll probably head up at about 10:00 a.m. and do an early check-in at the Peppermill. Friday evening is the Rider's Meeting, after which some of us will go across the street to the "Ruby River Steak House" for dinner drunken . Saturday morning I'll be back on the road at 7:30 a.m.Sleep, doing my annual 250 miler affraid. I'll head back home on Sunday mid-morning via Hwy 88 over the Carson Pass--One of my favorite rides!

Needless to say, I'll be riding my Atlantic on this ride, and leaving my MP3 at home. If anyone wants to join me for this adventure, email me, and I'll attach the paperwork via return email.
CaptJohn
CaptJohn

Number of posts : 104

http://www.firstgiving.com/CaptJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by just4cruzn Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:31 am

Here is a slide show of my ride to Lake Tahoe and some sample pics.

http://www.putfile.com/album/195345/?action=slideshow

Lake Tahoe ride 19512202449
Lake Tahoe ride 19512202226
Lake Tahoe ride 19412543915
Lake Tahoe ride 19412543872

james
just4cruzn
just4cruzn

Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Lake Tahoe ride Empty Tahoe

Post by gtrlarry Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:36 pm

I must say, you took some great pictures there...it really shows what an beautiful place Tahoe is and what nature can offer us! Must do that ride sometime....
gtrlarry
gtrlarry

Number of posts : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down